Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I AM ENGAGED, LIVING LIFE

Sammijo2424

• Members

Well yesterday I officially became engaged, we went and ordered the ring, should be here in 10 days. I came home and cried, cried for my lost life with my husband, cried about the idea of putting on another ring. I am so happy about it but still had to grieve some for my husband, my fiancée sat with me and cried with me, he gets it, he really does.

I called my girls tonight and told them I will be getting married next summer, mainly waiting so my oldest daughter and family can be here, they live 1500 miles away, otherwise it would be sooner. The were not exactly happy, to say the least, there were some tears, some hollering, but did not want them to see ring and know nothing about it. My husband has been gone 20 months, not like I did this after 2-3 months, I waited a year and a half. I will always, always love him, pictures of him will remain up in the house, he will always be in my heart, in fact I still grieve him. After the first month my kids left me here alone and came home seldom, I was all on my own. One daughter said some very hurtful things, said I did not care what they think, etc.

Ok, so I did not post this to rant about my kids, they will come around eventually, but to share my joy and excitement. I am actually living life again, we go and do all the time, my cup runneth over

• Members

Congratulations to you, Sammijo!  I am tryly happy for you.  And yes, they will come around.  I think you have found a wonderful balance - someone who you have been able to open yourself up to in a new relationship, but who understands that you had a life before him, and respects the feelings you had and will always have for your husband who you lost.  That is truly a blessing.  Best of luck to you :)

• Members

That's wonderful news! Congratulations, and I hope you have lots of years of happiness ahead.

Only you have the knowledge of when it's time to move ahead with life along a new path, and those who really love you, will understand.

And I'm sure he would.

Archived