Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I don't know what to do. My heart is breaking.

lovejones

• Members

Last Tuesday My boyfriend (of 2 yrs.) His cat had to be put to sleep. She had cancer of the mouth. He had her for approx. 20 years. I have known her for 2 years, I loved her so much. Plus I have 4 cats and the 2 of us combined them and we became a little family. So it was he and I and our 5 fur children. Well when the time came to make a decision to put her to sleep he said he couldn't do it. So he said if the vet says they cannot do anything more "I" was to make the decision. Well... They vet said they was nothing more that could be done.... My boyfriend has fallen apart, he won't talk to me, he ignores the other cats and they are so confused. He acts like he hates all of us now. I am crying my eyes out what do I do? I had to make one of the hardest decisions all on my own plus the day it happened I HAD to work the whole day knowing she was dead and I had to go home and tell him because he said not to tell him while he was at work. I carried the burden all day ALONE, and now I and my cats are feeling like we are being punished for being alive!!! I am dying inside. What do I Do???

• Members

I am so very sorry this has happened. Do you have friends or family to talk to about this? Your boyfriend is angry his cat passed, and anger is a very real and normal grieving emotion. Try to remain calm, but yet feel free to cry because, after all, you loved that fur baby, too.

Hopefully, things will calm down soon.

Let us know how you are doing. We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members
craig-Ireland

Thats so sad. We all know what you went through and most likely still are. Your boyfriend is just grieving the loss of his cat. give him time. Hope things are getting better now XX

Archived