Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Brother killed by drunk driver

Sadsister14

• Members

On April 24, 2014 at 10:04pm, I lost my middle brother to a drunk driver. My brother and I had a 5 year age difference. I miss him so terribly it makes me sick. I feel like my life is never going to be the same, and I am 4 months out and some days it feels like it just happened yesterday. I need some hope.

• Members

Sadsister,

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. It's never easy when these tragic situations happen. While your life is never going to be the same, in time, it will get better. When I lost my brother, it was hard, very hard, for awhile. Four months in not a long time, so just keep going on a little at a time. Do you have other siblings to talk to? What about your parents? How are they doing?

Please believe that it does get better. We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members
sistertoanangel

Hi I lost my brother too 29th september last year. Today is his anniversary. Some days are ok and some days are hard. He died in a car accident and he was only 20 years old. At the start its very hard but sometimes I find I adapt my life around the death of my brother. Im only starting now to grieve cause for alot of the first few months I was in shock. I was annoid at the driver and I was annoid at myself for not protecting him. But there was nothing I could do to protect him. I just hope hes becide me. My brother wasnt killed by a drunk driver but he did die from a careless driver. Its heartbreaking to think someone else done this to your brother and he didn't deserve this...cause thats how I feel.... I feel so sorry for you and im here if you want to talk.....hugs xxxx

Archived