Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing my older brother who was murdered

awhiters

• Members

My older brother was shot 7 times and murdered at the corner of my house at a bus-stop.
On November 23rd he was killed for no reason. I miss him so much, I try to remember
the good times which I do but sometimes I go from sad to angry about it
I feel like I am on a whirlwind, I try to forget the tragic way that he was taken from
this earth, but I cannot yet. I have never experienced anything so devastating
in my life and family. I feel unsafe for my own life sometimes,
I feel that if someone shot him that the same will happen again.
Some people that I talk to feel that I should be talking about something else and not my brothers.
death. I ask why, he was a great guy. To this day, I cannot believe it, so sad

• Members

Awhiters,

I am so very sorry about the loss of your brother. How tragic that such a senseless act took such a precious life. Have they found the person(s) responsible. Do you have people to talk to, such as your parents or other siblings? Are you working or taking care of yourself?

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Thanks Konnie, I appreciate it. No the person who did it has not been found as far as I know. Yes I have my parents or siblings to talk to. I live with my parents, i am not working yet.

• Members

You are more than welcome. What do you do to fill your time? Are you in school? How are your parents doing? Do y'all talk about your brother and the feelings you are experiencing?

I can see how you feel unsafe knowing this has happened so close to you. What is your neighborhood like? Has this happened before?

ModKonnie

• Members

You are more than welcome. What do you do to fill your time? Are you in school? How are your parents doing? Do y'all talk about your brother and the feelings you are experiencing?

I can see how you feel unsafe knowing this has happened so close to you. What is your neighborhood like? Has this happened before?

ModKonnie

• Members

ModKonnie

• Members

ModKonnie

• Members

I am not in school yet but I plan to soon. My parents are alright, taking it one day at a time. We talk about my brother for a little while. My neighborhood is okay, I have just felt nervous with the violence that has occurred. I do leave the house, I am just cautious of where I go. I am not afraid that it would to anyone else in my family, I just know that it has happened to some others that I do not know.

• Members

You need to talk about it, at least until something settles/resolves within you - maybe forever, now and then. It's so much harder when one can't, as with my family. I hope there is more than one person you can talk to without receiving impatience back. (hug)

Archived