Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

dealing with my family.

alwaysmrsfersch

• Members
alwaysmrsfersch

After Nick passed away, my mom came into town. She told me "I'm here as long as you need me, we can do whatever you need to get through this". That helped, me and my mother are close, and she knows Maryland is my home and support system. When they moved to Florida last year, I stayed behind because it's my home up here. Everything and pretty much everyone I know and love is in that state.

When my dad finally got into town (after changing his travel plans a million times) he TOLD me "we're leaving to go to Kansas to do this and this and this and this then when we come back, you have to pack your things and move to Florida with us"

he's given me about a week to attend a wedding, pack up my entire life, and move somewhere where I know no one, have no reason to be there.

To top it all off, he's told everyone here they're not allowed to talk to me about Nick at all.

I am not dealing with anything while I'm here. I am only sinking deeper into a hole I might never crawl out of. I am twenty six years old, I've been taking care of myself since he kicked me out of the house at age seventeen. I am just so sick of everyone walking on eggshells that don't exist.

I don't need to be treated like a child. I need to be treated like a human with a broken heart. I want to go home, where my cats are. Where my friends are. Where my heart can mend properly instead of turning into a cold lump of scar tissue.

• Members

Last time I checked MrsFersch a 26 year old is an adult and can make their own plans and decisions.  Stand your ground honey...going with your parents will just allow you to let them coddle you and that isn't a good thing from the sounds of your post.  Just tell Dad thanks but no thanks, your fine right where you are.

Archived