Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

How to move on

heartbroken40

• Members
heartbroken40

My husband of 18 years wants a divorce. He is now with someone else, and I'm finding it hard to even breath, let alone get out of bed. But I have a daughter to take care of, so I take it day to day. When will this pain end? We have been separated for a while, but I always felt we would work it out..

• Members

Heartbroken,

You are definitely experiencing a horrible loss. Have you considered counseling or a support group? It is going to take you awhile to get through this. You can start by getting out more. Go to the movies with your daughter or go to church, anywhere you can feel comfortable; don't isolate and sit there alone, it makes things far worse. I'm not saying start dating, I'm just saying make yourself get out. Perhaps you should try a new hobby or start something you've always wanted to do but never thought you could.

While this is devastating, you can look for opportunity here to make a positive change in your life--just a little at a time.

Are you taking care of yourself? Do you have friends or family for support?

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Archived