Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Does anyone else feel this way?

Bri.Comp

• Members

Sometimes I just want to cry and not have to explain why. Like hello I lost my mom two months ago if you see me crying ten times out of ten that's why I am crying. I am so anger with the fact that every time I do cry someone tells me I need to go to counseling. Yes I believe it will help but maybe I need to just cry sometimes. Its so hard to let out my emotions because when I do every one always tries to have a solution like go to counseling go work out call your dad or sister no! Maybe I just want to let it all out in tears and not be questioned. I am beginning to realize I am hitting the anger part of the process but this site has certainly helped. Am I the only one feeling like this?

• Members

Hi... My dad passed away in Oct and I still find myself crying like that. It's a way of grieving and everyone us different. People told me to go to counseling, for what???? To tell someone my heart hurts???? All I can say is that the days get better. It doesn't get easier it gets different, and you get use to the difference. Talk to your mom everyday!! That helps me. Sorry for your loss....

• Members

Hi and so sorry for both of your losses.  I say, let the tears flow.  For me, tears are very healing.  As heavy as our hearts are (I lost my mom in October), the tears help.  Tears are a testimony of our love for our loved ones.  I find that people who haven't gone through the loss of a parent just don't understand....I know that I didn't until I lost my mom 10 months ago.  Yesterday was my birthday and all I could think about was my birthday last year and all of the other birthdays that my mom made special so the tears flowed yesterday but you know what ... the void will never be filled and the tears will continue to flow now and then but I am starting to have feelings of gratefulness that my mom is with the Lord and not suffering.  I wouldn't suggest counselling to anyone unless they were having trouble sleeping, eating, thinking for a prolonged period.  Take care

Cindy

• Members
dayzed and confused

Ditto, CindyJane!

Cry, feel your feelings. How else can we heal if we don't let ourselves do that?  

When people think they are being kind and helpful, they don't realize suggesting alternate ways to feel better can feel like a dismissal of your feelings.  

As a wise woman on here told me, be gentle with yourself, and do what you need to do to get through it. 

I had no idea what my friends had gone through, having lost a parent, until I lost my mom.  I always thought i was supportive, empathetic and understanding - but NOW I really understand how much pain, loneliness and heartache is attached to losing a parent.

Be well, Bri.Comp and take care of yourself. 

Tina

• Members
attorneydavid

I feel very similar to this. It's like people have to be in control and think up lists of stuff we have to do. In addition some people seem like they are trying to minimize the extent of the loss by telling me how lucky I was for what I had. 

Archived