Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

agree to allowing terminally ill to be taken out of care setting?

shona marie

• Members
shona marie

hi,

i have a terminally ill grandma for whom ive taken out of her care setting yesterday at her request to be pushed in a wheelchair for a short period of time?,the amount of grief ive had of certain members of the family is unbelievable because im apparently stupid and selfish?who would agree i have done the wrong thing ?

• Moderators

There's far too little information here to know if what you've done is "right" or "wrong" and that's all very subjective anyway.....but seems to me that you're following her wishes, so I have no idea how that would be considered "selfish."  Do "certain members of your family" have any actual logical reasoning as to why this is so? 

• Members
maggiemagpie

my husband was terminally ill, I was his caregiver to the end, he was a docter he knew what he was doing when he chose me over anything else, he died beside me in bed knowing I had his back.  The only regret I have is letting hospice look after his meds for a week, they left him in extreme pain twice because they forgot!

Archived