Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

12 months on...

tipana

• Members

It's just over 12 months since I lost my precious Michelle to that treacherous disease, and I still miss her so so much. There hasnt been a day that goes by that I dont think of her at least a hundred times a day. When I look at our children I just break up inside at the thought of them trying to fathom how their mummy was taken away from them.

And what makes it worse is the guilt of the path that my life seems to be taking. I have been spending some time with someone and I have started to have feelings for this person. Much though I know my wife wanted me to move on and attempt to find another happiness, I can't help but feeling that I am somehow being disloyal to her memory.

I am probably one of the lucky ones, to be honest - I have had to keep on keeping on because I have the children to think about and they are all so young so that has been one thing that has helped me stay in the light and fight the darkness...

Not sure why I am choosing now to share this... but it somehow seems right...

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss. I envy the fact that you were able to have children with your loved one. My fiance and I planned to have kids within the next few years, but she unfortunately passed away sunday night. I don't mean to make this post about me, I just want to express my my happiness for you that you still have a piece of her in your beautiful children.

Archived