Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Sweet Tony

mazza4008

• Members

Hi There,

This is my first time at writing anything like this. My heart is aching at the loss of my wonderful brother who passed away on the 18th of June 2008. My brother was a special person that I was priveleged to have known for 31years. He was born 27th April 1977 and passed away 4 months ago. I never got the chance to say goodbye he came over on sunday and that was our night he spent with myself and my family ever week.We always had a laugh with him as he had a real quirky sense of humour that made everyone who new him  adore him. He would do anything for anyone a real gentleman. He died of a heart failure while trying to call me, without saying a word he was gone. How can I cope this pain in my heart. There will never be another Tony how can I go through the rest of my life without my one and only brother not around to talk and laugh with. Please Tell me.

• Members

Hi,

I havent been on this board for a long time but just read your message. I am very sorry for the loss of your brother Tony. It's only been 4 months for you and it is probably just starting to hit you now. I lost my only sibling, my younger sister, in May of last year. She died in a car accident so we also had no warning...no time to say goodbye. I cant say that it gets any better as time goes on. I have found it very hard lately (around her birthday especially) and just find I miss her so much as yet another day goes by without seeing her. Just this weekend I went to a grief support group for siblings for the first time. It is held once a month in Sydney....not sure where you live (yes I am a fellow Aussie). The group has just started recently only 8 or so members at the moment. If you are interested in getting in touch with the group leader, please let me know. Otherwise I am happy to keep in touch if you are interested.

Kind Regards,

Simone

• Members

Hi there,

Just read your reply and its so good to hear from someone who feels the same pain. I am so sorry to hear you lost your sister last year. Dont know how your parents are coping with her loss their is nothing as heartbreaking than losing a child no matter how old. My parents are at  a loss their will be no more happy times for them as far as my mum is concerned her life is over. Their is nothing I can say or do to make it better but just be their for them. I feel like screaming sometimes thinking why my brother ,he was such a sweetie and had so much life to live he was just experiencing the good life meeting a girl, working, mates becoming a man. then this happens how unjust. You said you were going to a siblings grief group ,which a friend of mine told me about here in Melbourne. Please tell  me what u think . If It does help talking face to face with people  about our siblings hope it goes well and it helps. I feel that no one understands except people who have known your sister to know how special she was. But the pain of being on your own without that part of you who knows your upbringing, the jokes that only siblings get who u can call on anytime is what breaks my heart. take care thanks for listening.

Archived