Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

wife passed 6-17-14

miked

• Members

My wife of 18 years passed last Tuesday from cystic fibrosis, I miss her so much.

• Members

I just have to get back to life, like back to work, instead of sitting here at home, this is very tough!!!!

• Members

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my fiancé 3 months ago. You don't 'need' to do anything my friend. There is no right or wrong.

• Members

Getting back to work was major for me.  It was what I needed.  My mind was occupied for 8 hours out of 24 which was a welcome reprieve.  I lost my husband a year and a half ago, 34 yrs together.

It is very difficult.  There are times that I question why I'm even still here.  I didn't want to be for the longest time.  By "still here" I mean being alive.  I am on a quest now to find my "new normal".  Whatever that may be.  All I know is I don't want to wallow in grief for the rest of my life.  It is too all consuming.  So I am slowly trying to find my way.

Hang in there, try and take care of yourself by eating right and getting sleep if you can.  Things will get easier, I promise you that.

• Members

T hank you to everyone for the kind words and support, I am back to work, things seem to be getting better for me, enjoying the time I get with my kids, just trying to have fun in this sad time.

• Members

Mike I too know the feeling. Getting back to work quickly really worked for me. I know it is tough but just take one day at a time. We are all here for you!

Archived