Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my Dad, my best friend

eac4277

• Members

Hello all,

This is my first post & I can honestly say I wish I wasn't a "member" of this group. I in no way mean that to be hurtful I just cannot believe I have lost my father.

My dad was my best friend. He was my biggest supporter, my biggest fan.

When my parents divorced when I was 15 I stayed with Dad. When I got pregnant at 16, it was my father who helped me. He was my rock. My world was safe because he was in it & right now I feel so completley lost.

I find the mornings to be the hardest because I awake to realize it's all real. He's really gone.

He lived with my brother who took such good care of him. If it weren't for my brother Dad wouldn't have gotten his wish to die at home.

Dad died of colorectal cancer.

That Damn Cancer - it ruins so many lives.

But no matter what, it cannot steal away our memories.

Im not sure what else to say - just looking for some support.

Trying to find a new "normal" & having a really hard time doing it.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

- Elizabeth

• Members

So sorry Elizabeth, 

But no hurt feelings but I don't  think any of us want to be here, but glad it is here for us.

I lost my dad in 2002 of Cancer,  but your father is a lucky man to have had a son that gave him the ability to die where he wished.  That means a lot.

Sounds like your father set a good example of being a rock, take what he has shown you and be the rock for your little one, and instill your father's memory into your children to carry on.

It will get better.

• Members

Just wanted to extend my hugs and sympathy to you too. I lost my mother, my best friend, to cancer in November 2011. The world is just not the same without her. I'm very sorry for your loss.

I also wanted to say that as you were blessed to have the love and support of your father, it sounds like he was also very blessed to have two very strong and caring children who were able to support him and love him during his final journey. God bless you all...

Archived