Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

had to give up cat in apt

kittysmom12

• Members
kittysmom12

Hello, this is my first time here. Not sure where to begin, so bear w/me. I've had a cat since nov 2012 when daughter brought home a kitten. We've always had various pets in our homes and having moved to an apt a yr earlier, its against policy. However, apt mgrs have 6 cats, others here have cats, dogs under 20# and 1 rabbit. I have been permitted to keep her. Strictly indoors. But in feb 2014, I slipped and fell on black ice on their sidewalk. I broke my rt ankle and contacted an atty. in march. I am now back at work, but mgrs told me 4 wks ago I could be evicted if I kept the cat. We placed her w/daughters bf. Meanwhile, 3 drs refused to do a dr letter to keep her, kitty is fighting other cats at bfs apt so she is taken outside a lot and I am so depressed I can't sleep w/o crying most nights. Am almost 60 y/o, cat owner all my life and need a solution to get her back. Please help me!

• Members
Heartlight

Dear kittysmom,

I'm sorry you're having such sadness and confusion for your kitty :(

I'm afraid I can't advise you on any kind of a solution with your managers.  I can tell you what I would do but that is all.  If it were me, I would attempt to speak with whomever might be higher in the chain of management, being completely respectful of course, but just to ensure that I had attempted to negotiate with everyone possible.  I would do that until there was no one higher.

Other than that, if I was unhappy for her living arrangements, I would contact veterinarians and other people to see about finding her a better home.  I would still be sad because I would lose her, but I would at least feel better that somewhere, she was getting the love she deserved.

I hope you are feeling better after your fall and your legal difficulties weren't too traumatic.

<3

Archived