Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Medications

sim-law

• Members

Hi, does anyone find any kind of medication helpful?

I am on Xanax, which help a little in stopping me fall apart when out and keeps me a bit numb, just enough to take a very slight edge off the misery. I also resort to vicodin when things get too much or I have to face difficult situations.

I know, the usual advice is not to rely on pills and they can be addictive but I don't care about that I just need to get through the day.

• Members

I would give anything for some Xanax.  My doctor gave me some in the very beginning, right after my husband passed.  But he is so freaked out about getting addicted to it that he wont give me anymore.  Do be careful though.  Addiction to Xanax is rough.  My husband was addicted to it and the withdrawals are horrid.  My husband wasn't a "drug addict" he just had a lot of medical problems.  He had a double organ transplant plus some other bad conditions.  He took Lortab, Xanax and Fentynal patches.  He was in horrible pain.  You don't want to develop a serious addiction to any of that stuff unless you like being super uncomfortable.  But I totally get what your saying.  Anything to numb the pain because it truly is unbearable.

• Moderators

I would pay heavy money to get a prescription of oxys and damn the "addiction" concerns, which can vary greatly with the individual anyway (in my case not much of a concern, I have a high tolerance).  So basically yes I found oxys extremely helpful.  

• Members

I have a high tolerance too w2.  I never did get addicted. There was a time when I was taking up to 30 a day.  Terrible, serious habit but I never got "addicted".  This was back when you could buy them off the internet.  During my husbands final 4 months I was using all his prescriptions.  But that is gone now, hell, its been gone for a long time.  But yeah, oxys, lortab, etc can really make you feel better.  They don't knock me out, they give euphoria and energy.

Archived