Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New here

gpm

• Members

Hello. I couldn't find an Introduction Forum (why isn't there one?). 

This January I lost my best friend who was also my ex-husband. He was also a spiritual mentor to me and we had a spiritual relationship. He meant much more to me than these two sentences can explain. 

I'm in the denial, anger, bargaining part of the grief process, I guess......

So, hello!

• Members

GPM,

I am so sorry about the loss of your best friend and ex-husband. We don't have an introduction forum here because many people go right to their specific loss forum and post.

I've found that grief is like a roller coaster--one minute I'm sad, then I'm afraid, them I'm mad and then it starts all over again. No matter where your are at in your grieving, we will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members
staragenda

Technically,  my husband was my ex-husband but he remained my best friend.   I was his care provider for many years.    When he had heart attack number three,  his girlfriend who love his pharmaceuticals more than she did him took off in his Firebird.   We got the car back but I was the one who had to pick him up in the Hospital.    I came back three years ago because he really started getting sick and needed the care.    His adopted Daughter and I provided Hospice Care for him in the Home the last week.

It was not my ex-husband that I lost -  It was my HUSBAND!!!!   Love goes beyond the Label.  

Four Months later, the girlfriend goes through my line at work to buy cigarettes wanting to know how he was.   I told her he died.   I found her trinkets and mailed them back to her.   She wanted to know if I still had any of his pills lefts.   The local Courthouse has a drop box for unwanted medications.   The first thing I did was take those pills to the courthouse.   That Woman would have never made it thought his Hospice Care.   I keep those drugs in a locked box.

• Members
staragenda

Ex or Otherwise - You will grieve him like a wife.   You lost your partner and husband.

Archived