Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

• Members
MissA'sLove

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the board and I am so glad that this message board has been made available for us. Last month my mother passed away suddenly due to a heart attack. Her death came as a complete surprise to me and my family. I'm still in a stage of disbelief with deep sadness. 

My mother is the first person that I had/have a close relationship with that passed. I'm having an up and down time dealing with it. One day I'm okay then the next I can't stop crying and thinking of her. I'm trying to readjust to being back at work, in my home and continuing on with my life. 

Any help and advice would be helpful. I would love to connect with other members and just chat. I feel so alone with and without people around. 

• Members

Hi,

I am very sorry about your mom's passing. There are many people here who join the live chats, so feel free to pop in when you notice others in the chat rooms. Your roller coaster feelings--up and down, crying one minute and raging the next--are all normal. Do you have anyone to talk to at home? What about at work?

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss.  The roller coaster of feelings you are going through are so normal.  When my mom passed away several months ago there were times when I thought that I was losing my mind, but quickly figured out that those tough days came upon me only because of the great love I have for my mom, therefore I am going to miss her deeply.  It is true that the pain lifts with time but I doubt that a day of my life will ever go by that I don't think of my mom and miss her.  Your mom's passing is very recent so I would suggest to allow yourself to feeling those feelings and know that it is because you loved your mom so much.  Hang in there and hold close the good memories of your mom ... your heart will lighten as the shock and disbelief lifts.  Take care

Cindy

Archived