Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Proper burial question.

sadandalone401

• Members
sadandalone401

I lost a much beloved pet suddenly last Friday and am still grieving greatly and wracked with guilt. I buried her in our yard that evening. Without thinking I placed her inside a cardboard box and taped a plastic gabage bag around it.

I have just read not to do this as it will prevent proper decay and would like to know if I should redig her up to remove the plastic garbage bag and cardboard box?

• Members
Heartlight

Hi sadandalone,

I'm so sorry you have lost your dear companion.  I don't know the answer to your question but I would suggest phoning a vet in your area.  They may be able to tell you.

<3

• Members

I buried my cat in a cardboard box and plastic bag in my back yard and 10 years later no sign i did anything wrong. I buried it about 3 feet deep. If u did the same i wouldnt worry about it. They bury people in some pretty expensive airtight caskets if you have money so i dont think it is wrong. Save urself the pain of digging it back up again. I put a stone over its grave so i knew where to go if i felt like being near. Good luck....you did the right thing

• Members
inoavandreser

ON saturday night after a tragic accident, we buried my baby blue in our yard. The vet said it was illegal to do in the city but i didn't care. my husband made a cedar box for him (he loved our cedar decks so much) and we wrapped him in his favourite blanket, and put his toys, food dish, and his favourite water cup from the bathroom in it. No one can tell me my baby can't be buried next to our house. He will always be with us and our family, and if we ever move, he's coming with us. I don't care. he's my baby

Archived