Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

loss of a mother

need2talk

• Members

Been to The Garden where my mum sleeps today. I wanted to talk to her.....my daughter turns 11 on Wednesday and it'll be the first she's missed. She loved birthdays....everyone's! My daughter was her first grandchild and mum was with me when I went into labour.....she rubbed my back, told me it was all going to be ok.......made me jam on toast, hugged me between contractions....god I want to hug her now, miss that more than anything.

Anyway, thank you mum, for being such a devoted nana, even before you got your hands on her! Thinking about all those good, happy times. I know you'll be with her on her birthday....she misses you so, so much mum. Never knew what I'd do without you.........finding out that I can't. Trying mum........

loving ya, J XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX  

• Members

Happy birthday to your daughter.  My son's birthday is coming up soon and it's so not the same without my mom.  We're just doing a quiet celebration this year........I'm grateful for having done parties in the past; because at least I'll have the pictures and memories.

It's so tough without our mothers.  I keep hoping that she's somewhere wonderful having her own party everyday.  I wish that for her.

((hugs)).

Jess

• Members

Happy birthday to your daughter.  My son's birthday is coming up soon and it's so not the same without my mom.  We're just doing a quiet celebration this year........I'm grateful for having done parties in the past; because at least I'll have the pictures and memories.

It's so tough without our mothers.  I keep hoping that she's somewhere wonderful having her own party everyday.  I wish that for her.

((hugs)).

Jess

• Members

Need2talk - I happened on your post and felt I needed to respond - your words were so filled with emotion that as I type now I have tears falling.  You put into words what I have been unable to do - that is - I never gave any thought to having to be without my mom, and I too am finding out how hard it is - but have not expressed that thought to her that "I'm trying Mom".  I went back briefly and see that you've just started your journey here on BI...a place none of us ever thought of being at.  I hope you are doing the best you can.  Please remember you are not alone in this as I'm sure you've already felt the connection with so many others on this same journey.  Do take care!

• Members

Thank you, so hard for all of us. It's a great comfort to me that you can write these kind words when your own pain is so surely felt.    ~hugs~   Jane x

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

Hi; there; need to talk; my goodness; I tell ya I lost my mom Dec. 2006 and cried for her everyday; even got laid off from my job over it; started going to a counselor and just cried almost the whole time I was there;

My mom was 80 and had an enlarged heart and high blood pressure ; but the Dr. had just told us the medication she was taking was working well and whe was on the right dose according to the blood test she had taken just days before;

So when my sister called me after I could not get a hold of her one morning; my sister went to check on her she lived 7 miles away and she had passed away that morning on her couch; All I could do was go over there and hold her and say I'm sorry Mama, I'm so sorry;  I tried not to cry; my mother would always tell us don't cry girls; I never saw my mother cry NOT once!!!!

she was loving, caring and always had my best interest at heart; unlike anyone else in the world ever will or ever has;  I miss her so to this day and called my sister the other day crying because I was watching a disney show with one of my grandchildren and a song came on and it sounded just like my mom who used to sing to us all the time;  I cried and cried and told my sister how much I was missing Mama that day;

But the reason I am on this site is because 7 months later my 16 year old son was in an auto accident and died; I honestly believe my mother was taken at the time she left as she would not of been able to handled the grief I am going through from losing my young son; My son Tanner; never let my mom leave without saying ; bye grandma I love you; and even if she was all the way out to her car he would run out and hug her and say I love you grandma; Oh the tears; here they come; I have 3 other children; none of them ever told my mother they loved her like my Tanner did; so I feel like she went on to be there to meet him; It does give me confort;

Sorry this is so long;  I feel sorry for anyone who has not lost their mom's yet as that is a very painful, loss.  Unconditional love;  my mother Ruth Elizabeth Williams.  I love you Mama.

• Members

I also found my mum at her home, she had died suddenly from a misdiagnosed D.V.T. that led to a blood clot, that killed her....she was just 63. I think the shock of finding her and everything had masked my raw grief for some time....hideous flashbacks. We lost her just before Christmas last year....we had a Christmas tree at her funeral. Dreading this year, numb last year....gonna try our best for our daughter. I think children are a great leveller in grief....they keep you going. 

So sad for you losing your son, I can't begin to imagine your pain. I think we have to believe that our mum's/mom's are with our other loved one's lost, I'm sure she's looking after him...x         

stay strong.

xxx

• Members
tanmanmymagicman

so, so , sorry; way too young; my husband lost his mom at 62 of a blood clot to the brain; she died on the way to the hospital;  She was the best mother-in-law anyone could ask for;

Right before Christmas is hard my mom died Dec. 10th 2006; my sisters birthday; and she was the one that found out mother;

I am thankfull for my health and don't have a death wish; but I do not fear death anymore.....................................

Bless you, Cindy; Tanners mom

Archived