Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Goodbye Jester, my baby boy.

Johnsamp14

• Members

My baby boy cat Jester was taken in the prime of his life by a hit and run driver. I should have done more to protect him. I should have raised the walls and cut the trees and blocked the fences but i didn't. He was only 1 year old. He was so adventurous. The most amazing little guy. He could do no wrong in mine and my wife's eyes. Now he's gone and we're in such despair. Our precious baby boy is gone and we don't want to live in this world anymore.

• Members

Johnsamp14,

I am so very sorry for your loss of Jester. It's so difficult to loose a fur baby, but when it's a horrible tragedy, it just amplifies the loss. I have lost several of my fur babies, and it's never easy. Raising walls and cutting trees wouldn't have helped--cats LOVE to climb, jump and roam. It's what they love. You didn't do anything wrong. Do you have any pictures of Jester?

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

You did nothing wrong. I believe it is selfish to rob these beautiful beings of thier freedom. I have always allowed my cats to be free outdoors. I remember once going to a zoo and watching this loin in an outdoor pen. He did nothing but pace back and forth along the fence until he got tired and lay down and then start over again. I felt my heart cry out and i left because i could not endure to feel his anguish. What is wrong with people......why cant they see the pain they cause. It is quality of life thaf matters not quantity. People die in car accidents too. It is the tragety of modern society. I was lucky to have a large property so my beloved cat rarely crossed streets. But after 11 wonderful years together he died of pancreatic cancer....another tragic result from the pollution and toxic crap humans have filled the world with. Dont feel it was your fault. It was not. You gave love and care to that beautiful creature. You are among the good in this world. If everyone was like us the world would be the paradise god wants it to be. Not the mess it is. Keep loving keep caring. Maybe we will all meet in heaven...or somewhere someday where there will be nomore pain.

Archived