Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing Henry

Jnine3

• Members

My boyfriend and I woke up in the middle of the night friday to a weird noise. We found our 2.5 year old cat Henry on his side panting. He couldn't move and had trouble breathing. Within seconds, he was gone. It was so sudden, I am having a really hard time accepting it. I keep thinking back to those last moments, and how helpless I felt that i couldn't save him.

I honestly have never felt this much pain and sadness. I've been crying non stop for 2 days. I just dont know what to do. I miss him so much.

• Members

Jnine3,

I am so very sorry about the  loss of your precious Henry. I've lost two of my beloved fur babies, and I just hate it. In those terrible few moments, you couldn't have done anything to help him. You were there for him, and that's what counts.

Do you have a picture of Henry?

ModKonnie

• Members

Hello. I just wanted to say that I feel your pain so deeply. We had to put our beloved Manny down on Saturday after a short, awful illness. So little time to accept his illness before he was gone. I printed a bunch of photos and started a little shrine on the table where he ate for 11 years. It helps.

Archived