Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Want to know my Mom is around.

meganreineke

• Members
meganreineke

My Mom passed away May 16th, 2012 unexpectantly.  I was the one who found her.  She was not only the most caring and supportive Mom anyone could ask for, but she was my best friend.  I could tell her anything and everything.  If I was having a bad day, she was the first person I would call or go see.  I spoke to her on the phone every single day.  Now I can't do that and a part of me truly went with her that day.  I may be 30 years old, but I still need my Mom.  She always said the doctor never cut the imbelico cord between us because we were so close.  I feel like I'm missing a big chunk of me.  Well I am a spiritual person and I believe that it's possible the spirit of your loved ones can let you know they're still with you, but nothing has happended to me that makes me know for sure she's with me.  I need that more than ever.  There was one thing that happened, but I don't know if I was just imagining things or not.  I was sitting on my couch reading a book and I smelled her perfume.  I have never worn the type of perfume she wore and it was just me, my husband and my 2 dogs in the house.  None of them responded to anything and didn't seem to notice.  So I figured I mush be imagining things.  I don't know if something will ever happen or if I'm missing her signs?  I know that if my Mom was able to she would want to let me know she's with me...I think?  It's coming up on the 2 year anniversary and I've been thinking about her a lot lately.  Even though she crosses my mind daily...the past week or so I've really been thinking about her.  I just joined this last night and I'm hoping to find some peace with talking about it.  It's just my sister and I...who is 2 1/2 years younger than me and I have had to be so strong for her, so I haven't allowed myself to mourn too much.  Plus the pain is too much, I try to not allow myself to think about it because I can cry in a second.  This is when I need my Mom the most.

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Megs, I am so sorry about the passing of your mom. The grief journey is difficult for sure.

One of the best books I have found on After death communication is Hello from Heaven.

Here is a link

http://www.after-death.com/Pages/About/HelloFromHeaven.aspx

• Members

Megs, you weren't imagining the scent of perfume. I'm coming up to the 2-year anniversary of my mom's leaving, and she was everything to me too. I know now that our beloved dead communicate with us via whatever medium they find works.

Archived