Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

She was murdered. . .

Tossed-into-the-Sea

• Members
Tossed-into-the-Sea

Molly was the love of everyone's life. She was half blind in one eye and had two tumors. When we got her her poor ears and tail had been so crudely cropped that they bled. But none of that mattered. She was the glue in our house. No one could dislike that nubbed tail wagging all the time. Or the fact that she would whine until everyone was off of the couch so she could have one tiny corner. She had such big eyes to beg with and like adding a little whimper of eagerness to go along with it. Of course, it always worked. She healed my boyfriend's heart while she stole it. Our seven year old boxer was our angel. 

Then, on one of the saddest nights of my life, someone didn't double check to make sure the door was 100%closed. She silently nudged her way outside. She was on the side of the road closest to our house, in front of the neighbor's. A van, on the other side of the road, saw her and sped up. Swerving across the road to hit her. The neighbors children witnessed it. We got the call. It was raining. It was dark. I ran out barefoot down the road to get to her. We rushed her to an Animal ER 2hours away. We had to put her down. We cried for days after. 

The worst thing is, I am pretty sure that I am the one who didn't make sure the door was latched. 

• Members
nammi_nammi

I'm so sorry for your loss Tossed-into-the-sea.  Losing a pet is so painful - I know.  And people can be so cruel.  I know you didn't leave the door unlatched purposefully.  Please don't blame yourself.  Keeping you in my thoughts. 

Archived