Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Question

ChelseaRaeMiller

• Members
ChelseaRaeMiller

I was wondering if anyone else has spurts of forgetfulness?

Such as...like this morning I woke up from a funny dream and my first thought was "I gotta tell dad". I

do it from time to time.. but then bounce back and remember. It just catches me off guard that I could forget so easily? And lately the forgetfulness is turning into not remembering his voice, humor, ect. Im forgetting little things.

Is it normal?

Its a little scary to think about.. I dont want to forget anything. And I was hesitant to ask because I dont want to scare anyone newer to all this but im curious if its just me or not.

• Members

I think it might be an individual thing. I forget that Andy is gone sometimes and other times I remember stuff from years back that I had thought I'd forgotten. And even when I'm crying, he can still make me smile.

• Members
ChelseaRaeMiller

Yeah it probably is. Its frustrating though. It made me wake up all happy and then put me in a terrible mood.

• Members

I still haven´t forgotten any of those little things, but I still can not think of the memories and smile.

The only thing I get and it´s really hard to explain is when, for a while, I forget what happened or my mind drifts away on a diferente subject for longer periods, I get a feeling of "this is not normal", stuff like laughing too much, making jokes, etc...

I even get feelings like when I´m feeling normal, thar can´t be normal. If all this is part of grief those memory gaps must be too, I actually read on several places that it´s common to be afraid to forget and somethings get indeed forgotten.

You should post all the questions you have, it´s liberating for you and shows others what to expect :) We may not all react on the same way, but there are tones of similarities

Archived