• michaelswife

• Griefsucks810

• tishagun

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Griefsucks810
17 hours ago, JonathanFive said:

I drank an espresso last night and fell right to sleep

Wow! Espresso is loaded with caffeine - how were you able to fall right asleep?

• Like 3

• Members
JonathanFive
19 minutes ago, Griefsucks810 said:

Wow! Espresso is loaded with caffeine - how were you able to fall right asleep?

sadness put me right to bed...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 3

• Members
HisMunchkin
14 hours ago, widower2 said:

I have some things of hers which are quite trivial but have meaning to me...

My husband used to get me these mint candy that I love.  They have this chewy center.  I consumed all but one from the last bag that he got me.  It's weird, but don't have the heart to eat it. 

9 hours ago, KayC said:

In my wee hours of not being able to go to sleep, I was thinking about "the closet" where some of George's things are, after 18 1/2 years I think I'm ready to part with them

When was the last time you looked at them?  Think going through them might trigger some memories? 

• Like 4

• Moderators

Not anymore, over 18 1/2 years is a long time to adjust.

• Like 4

• Members
HisMunchkin
13 hours ago, foreverhis said:

Some of the things I kept are perhaps obvious.  His pillows; his recliner; his backpack and favorite baseball cap (our local collegiate summer league team) now hang by the back door, instead of the front door where they lived for 2 years; one of his favorite hoodies and two flannel shirts.  But a few would perhaps only be fully understood by people who have been where we are.  For example, his hairbrush because it has strands of his beautiful silver-gray-dark blonde hair and his long-handled net shower scrub, which still hangs on a hook in the shower because things don't look right without it.

I don't care if others think I'm a weirdo.😉😄

Not weird.  At least to me.  I kept some of my previous dog's fur, for instance.  And my dad actually snipped off some of my grandfather's hair right after he passed on the hospital bed.  He offered to others who were present too, "Want some of his hair for keepsake?..."  My grandmother also keeps hair, even when the person is still alive.  When she passed, my mother went into her little home safe where she keeps things precious to her.  Some jewelry, some cards,... and then my mother's gallstone from when my mom had it removed some years ago.....  So ya, to me, what you're keeping isn't weird.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, HisMunchkin said:

I kept some of my previous dog's fur, for instance.

I did that with my last dog, and I have his coat on the chair and hold it...

• Hugs 2