Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New member here... I lost my Mom on 3/25/14

ReneeCC

• Members

On March 25th, 2014, my Mom lost her battle with lung cancer.  She was diagnosed just over a year before she passed.  She fought hard, but the ugliness that is cancer took her from us at the age of 62.  On March 31st, I "celebrated" my 40th birthday.  While I am grateful that my Mom was physically in my life for 39 years and 358 days, I feel cheated.  She was cheated.  My siblings were cheated.  I just miss my Mom.  My best friend. 

• Members

i know exactly how u feel i lost my mom 2 weeks ago today she was my best friend she was 53 she was my best friend she died suddenly without being sick she was fine when i talked to her 15 days ago then she died the next morning we have to wait another month for the autopsy results to find out what took my best friend/mother away from me and my brothers

• Members

i know exactly how u feel i lost my mom 2 weeks ago today she was my best friend she was 53 she was my best friend she died suddenly without being sick she was fine when i talked to her 15 days ago then she died the next morning we have to wait another month for the autopsy results to find out what took my best friend/mother away from me and my brothers

So sorry for your loss. 

• Members
Ouch and confused

I am very sorry to hear that Renee; that has got to be rough.  You do seem to have some perspective though which is good at these early stages.  It will take some time, and those feelings of being cheated will likely never go away, but to me it seems you are somewhat ahead of the game compared to most.  Hang in there.  It can and does get better, but it doesn't go away. 

Oh, and Happy belated Birthday.  Same age and I'm dreading my 40th.  Today is my half.  LOL.

Archived