Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Mom passed away 2/26/14

amile73

• Members

I'm reaching out to others who have lost a parent. My mom passed away 2/26/14. It was rough on the whole family and I miss her deeply. I've been dealing with a lot of difficult issues here lately. That just being one of them. I can't stop crying or seeing her face lying there cold and lifeless at the funeral home. My heart hurts more for my brother than myself because he was really close with her. Just trying to sort out everything I've been going through lately. Feel as if I'm spinning my wheels.

• Members

Hey amile73,

You´re still on the early stages of grief, reality is probably settling in on you and the pain can make you feel things you never felt before and like you might be going crazy, but it´s all part of the journey.

I wish I could say it´s not a hard journey, but it is and each one of us learns to deal with it differently.

It´s been almost a year since my dad passed and I still have some weird feelings, I have days feeling normal, than others feeling sad, others angry, others anxious, others feeling stronger and then when I think I´m feeling better, it all comes back.

It´s like a rocky road full of ups and downs, you´ll get to know a side of yourself you never know existed.

So sorry for your loss :(

Hang in there and keep posting, sharing your story will help you.

• Members
Ouch and confused

Sorry for you loss.  It is very hard and you don't really know what to do.

Missu is right.  It is very early in this whole process, and you should cut yourself some slack and allow yourself to grieve.  It isn't easy and it is a very long process but with time it does get easier, but it still will always pop up from time to time; grief is funny like that. 

It is good that you are more worried about your brother, but you need to take time for you too.  I will say this, don't let this loss push you two apart - I've seen that happen with members of my family, including my mother, and now is the time you DO need each other the most - just make sure to take time for you.

What you are feeling is normal.  Just keep talking about it, and if this doesn't relent, I would suggest getting into therapy or on some anti-depressants.  Neither of those always work but sometimes they can help to push you past and explain all of these confusing feelings.

And yes, talk about it.  The more you are able to talk about these things, the easier they will be to handle. 

All the best, and hang in there.

Archived