Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My nana

sky

• Members

I am currently 16 and experiencing losing my nana to cancer and do not know how to cope. She only has a few weeks left and Its hard for me to take in! I break down in school and I am struggling to concentrate. I am very close to her and she is only 60. I dont know what to do it is very hard to come to terms with it all, I am already at the grieving stage knowing my loss! My main worry is when ever I see her is it going to be the last time!? I am worrying for the time I get told she has passed away and I feel very depressed and cant snap out of it! I am scared to see her go! Does it get easier?

• Members

Sky,

I am so very sorry you and your family are going through this. It does get easier. At this point, please go see her. She needs you as much as you need her. Sit and talk to her, laugh and tell her you love her. Losing someone is so very painful, but in time, that pain does fade. You will be able to eventually smile and even laugh as you recall fond memories of your Nana.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Dear Sky,

I can relate to you. My Grandma passed away due to Pancreatic Cancer. It will be two years this Thursday. It is so hard to even cope with the loss, because we were so close. I know what you are going through. It is so hard seeing someone you love suffer so much! I am seventeen so we can relate in the same level due to our ages. Would love to talk more. We can help each other through tough times. Answer back. Samanthaa

Archived