Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

5 Months Pregnant and Just Lost my Father

Suenam

• Members

My Dad died suddenly over a week ago and devastated.  I'm having trouble sleeping and experiencing panic and anxiety.   I'm 5 months pregnant and trying to stay as calm as possible and making sure to take care of myself and the baby but sad that she'll never get to meet my Dad and he'll never get to meet her.  He was such a great grandpa to my siblings kids.

I also worry and am almost waiting for something else bad to happen and anticipating another loss soon.  Is this normal???

I'm going to schedule an appointment with a therapist tomorrow but was wondering if this is normal and  how others dealt with a loss of a parent while pregnant.

• Members

Hi Suenam

I´m really sorry for your loss :(

You just lost your dad and what you´re feeling is absolutely normal, I had experienced anxiety and panic before my dad died, but then it came back stronger, I also had and still have some trouble sleeping, most of us do, so don´t worry about that not being normal...

As you´re pregnant I think you did the right thing by setting up a session with a therapst, it will help you and ease some of the hard feelings.

I can´t really tell you how people cope being pregnant, but I saw on the fórum people who gone through similar experiences, just insert the word pregnant on the search box and browse through the topics.

A big hug

Archived