Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Its been the hardest 13 days of my life.

autumnrae3

• Members

Well on August 29th my big sister was in a horrible car accident she died at the young age of 17..  you always see these things on t.v but you never would think it would/could happen to you another sad thing about it is that i know the other kids that were in the accident to..three including my sister died.. the one guy went to my school he was an awesome guy the other i used to skateboard with but of course that doesnt hurt me as much as my sister.. its been so hard.. and it kills me cause everyone is saying your so strong your handling this so well.. but really im not.. i go home and i cry i look at her facebook every day.. look at all her pictures over and over.. and i cry. I cry my self to sleep pretty much every night.. me and my sister are really close in age.. so we were really close growing up (im 16 years old btw)... her birthday was on  the 5th of september she turned 18.. she was so excited for it... that whole day i sat at home and cried.. i miss her so much..  I went into her room and i put on this outfit i seen her wear in a picture and i posed like she did... its so weird.. im still waiting for a phone call from her to yell at me not to touch her stuff.. my aunt gave me this site.. thought it might be good for me.. thanks for reading message me back if you would like to talk.. give me some type of info that can maybe help me out.. thanks

• Members

autumnrae,

I'm soo sorry to hear about the loss of your big sister. It sounds like you lost a sister & a best friend too. I lost my big brother Harvey almost 2 years ago and my family wasn't expecting it either(he died from a routine surgery that went waaaay wrong). He was my only brother (i have 2 sisters too) and he was my buddy. Grief has taken me on a wild ride for the past 2 years(crying,anger,isolation @ times etc..). I was lucky like you to have found this website too right after he died. I would come on and just read the Loss of Sibling thread for a few months ,before I could even type a hello intro on myself(lots of good people in there who understand and won't judge).Thru good listening and patience, I've been able to make it almost 2 years and not lose who I am in this grief walk(I did have to find WHO I am w/out Harvey here). It's not easy, but it does get better. Keep on communicating where you're at & people will reach out to you in here. This site has been a blessing for me. Go to the "Loss of Sibling " thread and post. The gals in there are GREAT ! I send you my condolensces on the loss of your big Sis. I know she's in Heaven w/ my Big Brother .

A warm Hug,

Diane

Ps. the pic of my puppy in the yoda ouffit was a favorite of my brothers. That's why I posted it. You should post a pic of your sister in your avatar in her honor :-)

• Members

My condolences on the huge loss you have experienced not only have ypu lost a sister but your friends as well. there is nothing anyone can say or do to make you feel better but my heart goes out 2 u and your family. I lost my brother four months ago and I know the pain  u are feeling take care my thoughts are with u .  I am still looking for answers but there are none I hope u have support around u.

• Members

hey

im not sure that there really is anything that can really help....i  just lost my 17 yr old sister this june.....thus the reason im writing to u, our sisters birthdays are very close hollies (thats my sister) was ssept 16. and i completely understand about the putting her clothes on thing...i spent the entire day of her bday in her fav sweater it smelled like her then and i couldnt take it off...anyways i wish u the best and hope that with time the pain will lessen

• Members

I'm so sorry for your loss.. I lost my brother when I was 13. It's never east losing someone and the only thing that makes it easier is time. The pain in the beginning is the worst. It's impossible to say goodbye but it helps to try. I wrote some journal entries to my brother and I guess it was a coping mechanism.

It gets easier when people start treating you like a normal persoN again.. I know I felt alienated from my peers when I lost my brother. You just have to find ways to try and smile because life is so precious and you can't waste a single moment.

Archived