Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What is the one thing you wish you could still say?

backyarder1

• Members
backyarder1

If you could go back in time, or if you could talk to your departed spouse, what is the one thing that you wish you could ask or say? For me, there are a lot of things. Mainly, I just want to make sure that he knows how much I love him. That he meant the world to me and made me happier than I ever could have imagined.

I guess I would also like to know if he can see me now and feel what I am going through and if it hurts him that I am hurting.

• Members

I would tell him how sorry I was, and how much I loved him, and would want him to spend some time with our daughter for the last time.

• Members
Sammijo2424

I would tell him how sorry I am for the many ways I failed him, that I took him for granted too much, I just thought he was invincible, even when they told me he only had a 50% chance of making it. I would tell him again and again that he was my one true love (we always told each other that, so he knows it) and I thought we had more time, he was the best thing to ever happen to me

• Members
Tryingtohavehope

I would tell him Im sorry for not coming to see him in the hospital again when he begged me to because he was getting better! I would tell him the words I LOVE YOU...even though we both felt it neither of us told each other (we were only dating though). And I would tell him Im so sorry for not calling 911 for him because I was so far away I didnt know what to do! I would also ask him to forgive me for that and for anything that ever made him mad/upset with me! Id hope that he now knows how much I care for him even though I think he knew when he was here! If I could go back in time I would aslo be right by his side throughout all his surgeries and maybe it wouldve made him less scared and brought us closer together...oh gosh do I ever wish I could see him again!!!

• Members
traveler1959

One More Day  by Diamond Rio     

I wish for one more  day  to tell her  that I love her one more time.

• Members
odetoanoddity

I'm thinking this over. I'd want to say "I love you", but he already knows that. I would say "I'm sorry", but during our relationship I would apologise many times, to the point that he'd make it illegal and tell me that "love is never having to say that you're sorry". I also feel that he knows I'm sorry too.

I *think* I'd say "Thank you". That with the distance since his passing, I've gained a different perspective and learned where I went wrong and what I need to do to improve. I thanked him while he was still alive, but I don't think I did it enough. I would thank him for helping me to grow, for being my best friend and lover, for having the patience to put up with someone like me. I would also tell him that I wished I had realised these things earlier, when he was still alive ><

• Members

I would tell him that I always loved him and never stopped loving him, and that I was coming back to be with him because I knew he was my soulmate. I didn't know that the cigarette we shared at sunset at the edge of the Western World, San Francisco, would be the last time I would feel him in my arms and touch his hair. His wasn't the only life he took that day in late June.

• Members

I'm sometimes afraid of my significant other dying because of health issues.  I have a good feeling knowing that I might have saved his life by asking him to see the doctor.    

I think if I stay prayerful that this might help with guilt and remorse later on.  

Archived