Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Death of a man I did not know

Freegirl

• Members

I met my father one time, I was 3yrs old, he was in prison. I have some memory of that day. I remember his laugh and his short black curly hair. The only pictures I have of him are mug shots. I found out thru my psychic that he would die before I would meet him, this was in 2010. This past February I did an online search and found out that he had died in 2008 in prison. Now that I've seen pictures of his tombstone and his mug shot next to it, it feels heavy an surreal. I was in denial before, but now the evidence is too thick. I have deep dormant feelings for him. This man helped create me. I love him, even though I did not know him.

A wave of emotions came over me yesterday. I felt like my body was full of lead. I crawled into a ball on the couch, snuggled in my boyfriends arms, and I weeped. I yearned for my dead father. This was the first time I have cried for him. It is a deep pain that I feel inside my soul.

He is buried in the prison cemetery. It is close by, but I can only visit by appointment only. Someday soon I will put flowers on his grave.

Freegirl

• Members

Freegirl,

I am so very sorry about the loss of your father. I work at a prison, and I can tell you every parent in prison longs for and loves their children. That's all many ever talk about. It will be nice when you can put flowers on his grave. It is okay that you cried for him. Losing a parent, no matter what the situation, is horrible.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Archived