Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Sad and angry with the loss of my husband

ANDHEGH

• Members

I lost my husband 5 months ago. He commited suicide. He was only 34 years old.

He left me with 2 children / 5years and 6months old.

I don't want to remember the day it happened.... i'm sure he had problems and much pain . he used to drink alcohol a lot, and he was in drugs.

i couldn't help him properly since he used to lie a lot and do things that made me mad.

i am so sad i lost him. i loved him a lot. we know each other for 14 years and couldn't imagine that this will be the end .... but i'm also angry since he left this 2 wonderful children without father ... i don't know how is the inner world of alcohol and drug addicts, but he didn't have to be like that from the first place .... we were not living that perfect life, but he was not supposed to be in that environment which harmed him socially, his family life and ended him ...

• Members

Andhegh,

I am so very sorry about the loss of  your husband. The world of drug addicts is dark and painful. They are completely controlled by their addiction; it changes their thoughts, actions, and makes them give up what they truly value. It is horrible and vicious and very hard to escape. You have every right to be angry and sad over all of this. It's so very confusing. Have you considered professional help or some self help groups? Talking to others about your feelings is the very best way to begin to heal. In the meantime, take care of yourself--try to eat, rest and get some exercise. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie 

Archived