Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Wedding annivsary monday

superwife

• Members

tomorrow will be our 36th annversary. I miss him more everyday, and dont know what i am suppsoe to do with the rest of my life. We were suppose to be together for 60 or more years. we had even talked about our 50th. i am so lost

• Members

Superwife, I can so relate to your pain. Bruce and I were married 26 1/2 years when he passed away. October 2009 would have been our 30th. I plan to do something special for the 2 of us. Maybe that's what you should do also.

I can also relate to your lost feeling. I don't know how long it's been for you, but for me it's been 2 years and 4 months. Sometimes I feel like I am going to be ok, then other times I feel like what's the use, everyone has their lives going on around me, what am I here for?

I journal, have gone to grief support groups, therapy and take medication for depression.  I want to go and volunteer at an assited living facility near here. It's possible that someone there could help me more than I could help them. I am hoping that I will find a friend there, possibly someone that lost their husband or wife and see what has helped them thru it.  Plus it's possible that someone there can show me how to go on living my life, somewhat happy again.

I'll be thinking of you.

Susan   

Archived