Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Looking for someone to save me - LOL

backyarder1

• Members

I added the LOL so you all would know that I realize how dumb this is. But does anyone else feel like this? That you are always looking for someone or something to "save you" from this grief? I see people on the street or I think of an old friend or an old flame and I reach out to them because I think that eventually I will run into the person who says just the right words to help pull me out of these funky feelings and make everything okay again.

I guess I feel the same way with a lot of the books I read, etc. I'm looking for something to save me. LOL

• Members

I don't think it's dumb.  I think that I'm doing the same thing. I keep thinking "God I wish I would meet some really nice guy to take my mind off all this sadness".

This morning on my way to work I just about lost it.  An older Chevy truck was coming up along side me.  I had a flashback of how my husband, if we were in separate cars, would come up along side my car and flirt like crazy with me.  I started bawling because it looked like his truck, it sounded like his truck and for just an instant I felt like it was him.  I don't know how much more of this I can take before I totally loose my mind.  Somebody save me!!!!

• Members

No its not crazy! We are here and we have to survive through the grief. I have meet someone that has really helped me! At first I was scared to let anyone close I evan questioned my love for my husband which was crazy. Im still an emotional rollercoaster but it helps to have someone to talk to! Going to dinner and movies again is nice too! I love being able to talk freely on here..I just take breaks in between! Have a good day !

• Members

Backyarder, I don't think it's dumb at all to want someone or something to save us.  I feel the same way. I keep hoping that one of my friends or family members can somehow minimize the grief for me and make the sadness go away.  And, in reality, I guess they all have helped in little ways.

• Members

Well, I think that I sometimes expect others to make the first move. I was wondering why one of my neighbors hadn't been asking me to lunch or anything. Today I asked her to go out and we had a great time! So, sometimes you can expect miracles and other times you have to make your own.

• Members

That is great Betsy, sometimes you have to make the first move, so others to know you are ready to start getting out in the world again.   The doctors are telling me I need to get out and exercise, so I call up an old friend of my wife and mine, and ask her if she wanted to start walking. At less it is someone I can talk to for 30 mins a day.

Archived