Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Losing my bestfriend

JoJosGiftedGirl

• Members
JoJosGiftedGirl

So, this will sound crazy. But I came to fall in love with someone online. Not that kind of fall in love, but like he is a brother. He is 18, and we've been friends since I was 10. We hadn't been talking a lot, then one day he said he was diagnosed with cancer. I forget which kind, but he said it would be fine. I tried to ignore it, we talked a lot, we brought up memories. Then we got in an argument over his sister, a misunderstanding, so I said I was out. He was always so sweet, then he flipped on me. So I ignored him. Then I thought of just checking in, & I had saw that he had sent me saying he had two months. He will die in March/April, they took him off treatment. I don't know what to do. I don't have physical contact with him, being I live over seas and he is in Ohio. I'm so scared. One day he will die, and I wont know. No one will tell me. He will just stop texting. Stop calling. Stop emailing. Stop breathing. I'm scared. A part of me is a little girl and thought we had a future together, and we had plans to meet. It was suppose to be in a year. We have been counting down. Now he is leaving. Before he even turns 19. I don't know what to do. I've already dealt with so much loss, which lead to me diagnosed with clinical depression, social anxiety and other too long words. I don't how to do it. I have a boyfriend, I love him, but he doesn't get my sister love for this boy. He won't mourn with me, he doesn't know what to do. My friends won't talk about it. I don't know what to do. I can't tell my parents, they never knew about him. It wasn't like I tried to keep it a secret, they just never asked. Now he will die. I don't know what to do. We barely get to talk. I think Im most scared that I won't get to go to his funeral, or even know when he dies.

What can I do? 

• Members

Well, why don't you ask him what you can do and how you will know when the time comes. Perhaps his mother or someone can notify you.

Can you tell your parents you are his friend? Will they be supportive?

ModKonnie

Archived