Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Strange Dream

frankly

• Members

I saw a man in a small truck just sitting there watching a field full of kids and parents.  Somehow I knew him but didn't.  I knew he was distraught about something.  I cared about him and wanted to help him through what ever it was he was going through.  For some reason I thought he hadn't eaten for days and I had this bright red apple.  I asked if I could help him, if I could go with him.  He said sure, jump in.  But when I started to get in the passenger door he started driving off.  So I jumped in the back of the truck and made my way up to the window in the back of the cab to offer him the apple.  He said I don't need it, I've been giving them out to everyone in hopes they can tell me where my son is.  No one knows.

Sitting next to him is a grocery bag full of the same apples like the one I tried to give him.  Scattered everywhere.  

We had driven 259 miles when things started looking familiar.  Similar to property that Jerry and I had seen in the mountains.  I told the man to stop, that maybe his son was here.  He stopped and ran to a school that was letting out.  Searching all the kids faces and calling his son's name.  He went down a set of double stairs into a large foyer room that the classrooms opened up to.  There was a block bathroom with no doors and he went in there and no one was there.  He just sat down and started sobbing for his son.

I stood outside the bathroom waiting for the man.  Somehow I knew that he was giving up looking for his son and someone had to be there for him when he came out.  As I waited I saw these boxes in the center of the room with animals in them.  A dog came out of one, still kind of a puppy about half grown.  The dog looked so sad and starving.  Those eyes made me want to cry.  How could anyone do that to an animal.  Didn't they care.  What was wrong with people.  That poor puppy.  The man had stopped crying but he didn't come out.  I'm standing there, knowing somehow I have to help both of them, but I'm not sure how I'm going to do it.

No one seems to care, the kids are almost all gone and we are there in a dark, cold, damp and dirty room underground.  A puppy half way out of a box that seems to want my help but is weary of me and a man that has reached the end of his rope is a bathroom.  Me standing half way between both of them knowing I have to help.  The man wasn't ready for my help yet, so I decided to help the puppy first.

Then I woke up.  I felt empathy for both of them.  I wasn't sure either one of them would make it through what they faced.  I just knew I had to try to be there for them both.  No matter what happened.

The whole dream was in great detail and color.  Except the mans face.  I never saw his face.  It played out like some kind of movie.

Are there any dream interpreters out there?  It felt like the man was Jerry, but I knew it wasn't Jerry.  I still cared about him the way I care about Jerry though.  It was a weird dream and it has been on my mind all day.  I guess I should consider the possibility that I'm loosing it.  (-:

• Members

I really don't know what to say because I have been dreaming of my husband with some weird dreams. It seems that he was with me at the Olympic. It was as plain as day, but I did not see his face. Another time I saw him in my dreams and he was vomiting . I thought that

I dreamed that because I was thinking about him when he was sick. I wish I could  interpet dreams. If you find someone on line , please notify me.

• Members

I have been waiting and waiting to have a dream about my husband and now that I did I wish I hadn't.  I dreamt that he told me he didn't want to be married anymore.  He wouldn't take my calls or talk to me. 

Now I feel so lost and so alone...why the hell did I have to dream that??  I know it isn't true but still...it caused a lot of tears.

• Members

Jude, your dream has bothered me all night.  First thing this morning, I had a thought.  It's just a thought mind you, but I'll share what came to me.

Have you ever watched those movies where the people are so in love with each other that one of them will push the other one away, thinking it is for their own good?  Do you know the ones I'm talking about?  Where the guy or girl realizes that if they hang on and let the person follow them, then it wouldn't be what is best for the one they love.  So they lie, they tell them they don't love them, to go away, get lost, they never cared......  They devastate the person they love thinking it is the best for them.  So they can let go and live a better life without them.  They try to make the person they love, hate them, so that somehow it will be easier for their loved one to survive and have a better life.  They love that person so much that they are willing to hurt them hoping it somehow helps them.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to give an example of.  Is it possible that this dream could be something similar?  A huge lie of a message to try and help you.  A horrible way of sending a message I know, but was he that kind of person?  One that would hurt you and lie like that if he thought it would help you?  More pain up front if it meant less pain for you in the future.

Just a thought.  

If you think it is possible, maybe you should have a talk with him and tell him to cut it out. That you aren't falling for it.  ( -:  That you want encouraging dreams from him, not ones with some misguided thought that pushing you away would somehow help.

I don't know if I believe in an afterlife or messages.  I'm still on the fence there.  But if I did believe, I would imagine that they could still make mistakes in the messages that they might try to send.

It may sound silly, but that is what came to me this morning.

• Members

I know exactly what your saying Frankly.  And yes, to a certain degree he was like that.  He felt so guilty that he had to have organ transplants and was disabled.  Sometimes I really think that he knew he would be a total burden once he came home from the rehab.  He couldn't walk, he could hardly feed himself a sandwich.  I know in my heart that even with the physical rehab he was going to be so limited in what he could do.  I think he knew that too and allowed himself to die to save me the work it would take to take care of him.  He probably would have to walk with a cane.  It would have been a very long recovery...years maybe.  He was a strong manly man who did so much for me.  He maintained our 5 acres, took care of all our vehicles.   He took pets to the vet etc, I never had to leave work for anything.  He wouldn't have been able to do that stuff, maybe not ever again.

So yeah, I get it and maybe this dream was to answer my constant "WHY??? did you have to die Jerry?"  Who knows anymore.  I am in such a funk lately.  I miss him so much lately.  Its like starting all over again.

• Members

Jude,  what you have told, I know you have been  fighting  with the idea of finding a male friend. Part of you wants the company and the friendship and the other part of you is feeling guilty for wanting it, like you are cheating on Jerry or something.  I can't see any spouse  wanting their beloved to be alone for the rest of their lives after they are gone. I am sure your dream wasn't a message from Jerry, it is just your mind trying to settle the conflict going on within you. Trying to settle it the easiest and safest way.  

I remember being a teen and being so shy, that when I would work up the nerve to talk to a girl, I would get tongue tied and the girl would laugh and I would turn red, and I would walk away.  I found it was easier and safer not to take a chance of being embarrassed or being rejected. Luckily I out grew being that shy. Jude I know you have heard this before but it is the truth, nothing ventured--- nothing gained----- God bless you  Jude

• Members
Jesse David & Taylor Mom

Hello. I usually do not post in this area (usually Loss of an Adult Child) but noticed the topic on the homepage. I lost my 28 year old son, Jesse, when someone ran over him in his own lane.

I have had many strong dreams since and also was drawn to this topic. Here is a book I found that had some excellent chapters in it, the beginning being on grief and then on to dreams.

Wishing each one of you peace on this journey of grief.

Grief Dreams: How They Help Us Heal After the Death of a Loved One

http://www.amazon.co...92686587&sr=1-1

Archived