Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my cat Frank 2 days ago

danimarie

• Members

My cat was an indoor/outdoor cat. We let him out during the day and then he would come in at night with us. He stayed out later one night and got attacked by some sort of animal. He made it back to our porch, but when I found him when I was leaving for work the following morning, he had already passed on. My heart hurts so much, and every day it feels as if the pain and sadness is worsening. He was my everything; I'd been going through a rough time and dealing with depression and life changes and he was my only friend. I feel as if I lost the only thing I could talk to, who would love me unconditionally and be there. He was so sweet and gentle and quirky. He loved to follow me and my husband around the house and quietly meow and talk to us. He loved to "head butt" us essentially give us little kisses with his nose and he was such a cuddle bug. Losing him has felt like a huge step backwards and I'm falling apart. I can't eat, concentrate on anything, I can't stop crying and I miss him so much. I just want him back, I just want to go back in time and bring him inside and then he'd still be here. I don't know how to deal with such a loss when he was the one I'd go to when I felt sad or lonely or scared. There is no one and I loved him so much. MY heart is breaking....

post-389963-0-24919300-1392424887_thumb.

post-389963-0-06365000-1392424888_thumb.

post-389963-0-10221500-1392424890_thumb.

post-389963-0-77563300-1392424892_thumb.

post-389963-0-15228700-1392424896_thumb.

• Members

Oh danimarie I'm so sorry about the loss of your beautiful cat.  I lost mine suddenly to a house fire a couple months ago - all 10 gone at once.  I totally feel with you how you would like to go back in time and do what you could to save him.  I do that, too.  If only I could've gone back in the house to look for them, etc.  Fact is, though, we can't, and we're left with this horrible new reality that is so hard.  My heart goes out to you and am sending virtual hugs.  The pain never completely leaves - I'd lost other animals before these and know grief all too well.  But the crying and such does eventually subside although sometimes pops up on us unaware.  I have trouble with the enormity of it - it just catches me and takes my breath away sometimes, and I'm like, "How...??"  You can come here and talk anytime.  We're here for you.   

Archived