Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

lost my mum. cant seem to cope

pinkslushy92

• Members

I lost my mum to cancer nearly a year ago now she was only 42 and i am now 21 it feels like there is a part of me missing. It hurts so bad sometimes i just dont want to go on. I dont know what to do without her. Does it ever get less painfull? Thankyou for taking the time to read this

• Guests
Guest Kirbibizzle

Dear pinkslushy92,

I am 25, and I lost my dad a little over 2 weeks ago. He was 62. I can't imagine where I'd be now if I had lost him when he was 42. If he weren't here for these 25 years, I honestly don't know if I would be either. He saved my life.

I am so glad that you found this forum to be able to talk and relate to people who are going through the same things you are. I don't know where I'd be if I didn't find this place.

You've managed to go almost an entire year with all of this pain. May I ask, how did you do that? Have you seen a grief counselor or something? I have been planning on seeing one, and writing on this forum has helped immensely, but I still feel like I need more reassurance. My life does not seem the same as it did before this happened.

I feel the same way when you say you feel like you can't go on. At times, I've wanted to give up on myself. At times, it feels like this pain will never end. I have no idea how to move forward after something like this, but have to anyways. We have to consider what our parents would have wanted for us. They wouldn't want us to live in agony the rest of our lives, longing to see them again. They'd want us to find some form of happiness. Nothing can replace them, but there are ways to cope with their loss. I'm still searching for those ways...

• Members

Im really sorry for your loss hun. I have had no choice about coping if you will because my 2 brothers now aged 13 and 23 have been really struggling to cope so i have felt that i had to stay strong for them and show them im ok so they can talk to me about whats worrying/upsetting them

never had any kind of counselling. I know this might spund stupid but im worried theyll think im crazy and drug me up or lock me up. Its why i havent been to my docs about it either. But i wouldnt sugest not talking about it. Since losing my mum i harsly sleep, lost nearly 8st and i did have a serious temper which is unlike me for nearly 8 months. I just dont know what to do anymore

• Members

Dear pinkslush92,

This is the first time I write on any kind of forum.

I also lost my Mum, but I write this for you;

You are not alone. I and the others answering you are here for you.

- And I firmly believe that the ones we lost are also with us, in some way.

Lots of Love.

Archived