Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My grandma died Xmas Eve 2013, how do I survive this life?

bluee19

• Members

How does one continue to function in this life when a love one dies and never to return to this place called earth? My grandmother was in rehab for OT/PT, alert on Saturday 12/21, fever on Sunday 12/22, ICU on Monday, 12/23, and died Tues, 12/24 Xmas eve @ 6:46 pm at Garfield Medical Center in Monterey Park, CA. 

I really think the lack of care for the elderly at this hospital led to my grandmother's death.  Due to the holidays, we didn't get to have her funeral until three weeks later on January 10th. I still can't believe she is GONE, she will NEVER COME BACK. I thought I could handle when she passed away because she was old.  I thought I could just accept and move on.  She raised me like her daughter and now she is gone.  I miss her so much.  I have been visiting her at Rosehills but its not the same.  I can't hear her voice, I can't touch her, and I can't see her anymore.  

Now I have fear my husband/kids are going to die before me.  How does everyone cope?

• Members

Bluee19, I am sorry about the loss of your grandma. You get through by crying, ranting, raving, or whatever you need to do to express your feelings. You talk to people, you journal, exercise or just do what you feel like doing. It's going to take some time, but things will get better (I know that doesn't help at all right now). It is perfectly normal after a loss to worry and fear other loved ones will die. It's going to be okay. You have found a good place to talk about how you feel. We will help support and encourage you.

ModKonnie

Archived