Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Very lonely today..........

connorsmom

• Members

Hi all,

I just really miss my mom today.  It's the end of the summer and my friends are away with their families.  Dh is at work.  I kept busy all day; but now with some downtime, I'm really feeling it.

I wish I could wind back the clock right now and have my mom back..............it stinks.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Jess

• Members

Jess, I understand.  The times I am alone are the hardest.  My Mom has been gone almost three months and it is driving me crazy.  I feel more alone than I ever imagined possible.  When I was feeling lonely or down before, I would just call my Mom and the world was better.  Now I don't have anything that can cheer me up like she could.  My Mom was only 55...

• Members

I feel ya. I lost my mom July 4th of this year. 6 year cancer battle. I miss her SOOOOO much! and now, when I want to call her...i can't. It's killin' me! I just wish I could hear her voice ONE MORE TIME  :( just once. Hang in there :) What else do we really have to do, right???

KK 

• Members

I just wish I got to tell her I was sorry for not believing she was sick and tell her I love her.  I was so wrong and now I am lost.  I never got to say goodbye.  Never saw it coming.

• Members
timesremembered

I just want to talk to my mom like I used to. We'd drive some were..and just talk about everything.I never had the connetion like I had with her..with anyone. I just want to see her..and hug her. I hate that she's gone. I hate it.

• Members

hi Jess, I feel like you, all my friends families are away. I actually have a good friend right now who went to the jersey shore with her 3 kids and her mom came along for help. I am so envious, I wish I had my mom right now. My husband works long hrs. and during the day when my son naps, I get very down. The house is too quit and all I do is think of her, especially since she passed away in my home. I think what the hardest is trying to adjust, whenever I felt sad in the past the 1st person I would reach out to is my mom, now I'm down and I can't call her. Its such a LONELY feeling, i just feel like my life is 4ever different and the happiness I used to feel is gone. It was 6 months yesterday and I was lost with out her, feeling heartbroken without my my soulmate and best firend. (((hugs to all you today))))

• Members

Hi Jess--

I hear ya! When my Mom died, almost a year ago, it totally shattered my world. I never married, never had children, and never moved out of the house except for the years I was in college out-of-state, and in Italy as a missionary ... a total of 6 of the 50 years I spent with my Mother. I still live in the house I lived in with her ALL of my life and often it is very sad and very lonely. I am trying my best to stay as busy as possible and make LOTS of plans. But, still ... when all is said and done and I come back to the house (as I always do), it's just an empty shell of the happy home it used to be when she was here with me.

Take care and be gentle with yourself ...

Gina

• Members

Thank you all............I had my breakdown and am doing okay.  What was hard was that I was getting so many signs that she was around and lately; it's been quiet.  It's been comforting knowing that she's been around............now; it just feels lonely.  But I guess that it's something that we have to all adjust to and figure out a way to deal with.

It certainly isn't easy...........

Jess

• Members

Hello, it's been a while since I posted here. I miss my Mom very much too. It's been almost 16 months since she passed away. The loneliness never goes away, some days it is easier to live with, then some days it's just so hard, and in the past few weeks it's been really hard. Life goes on but it's never the same. I'm trying to live with this tremendous void and nothing prepared me for this. Not my faith, or my personal strength. I know she is in a beautiful place and I will see her again one day. Until then, I just do my best to carry on.

I know the feeling that comes when your friends still have their Mom's, and they do things with her. I would do anything to spend another day with my Mom and honestly, I can't help but feel very alone and isolated from them because my Mom is gone and I no longer have what they have. My Mom was my best friend and I miss her so.

My heart and prayers go out to all of you who are travelling this road of having lost your Mom.

God bless you all...

• Members

What a wonderful site this is; I am so gald that I came across it and have read all of the post. It has helped me to deal with the pain of losing my Mama 3 short weeks ago. I have to admit that it was by "accident" that I found it, but I am so thankful that I did, I usually don't get involved in any type of message boards, but I found myself being drawn back to this one. It has helped knowing that I'm not alone in my feelings of pain, anger, and yes, guilt.. I guess we always wonder if we did enough, or if we told them often enough how much we loved them, we still question....I have to hold onto the hope that my Mama knew that she was my "lady" and that she is now at peace.. no more hurting, and no more pain.. that makes her leaving me a little easier; and realizing that she is "just a breath away". I'll always love her, and I miss her terribly..but, she's always in my heart and my thoughts. I love you lady..rest easy and one day we'll be together again.......

• Members

it is a great site, I actually found it by accident too. I lost my mom as well a couple of months ago and coming on here every now and then helps me feel like I'm not alone in this pain. I will feel frustrated, come on here and realize that were all feeling frustrated, sometimes angry, confused and sad.  I'm sure you will find yourself reading the posts and its scary sometimes how much the stories you read will relate SOOO... much to yours. I can't tell you how many times I've read posts on here and thought "Oh my god thats exactly how I feel". I really have found that to be some comfort for me. I hope you spending time on here will help a little. I'm so sorry about the loss of your mom, its not easy at all. (((hugs)))

• Members

Stacy, I am so sorry for your loss.  It has helped so much being on here and realizing that everything that I am feeling is "normal"..Yes, it is amazing to me that so many of the post relate to my circumstances; I know that the Lord leads people to places and things that they need and I just feel that I was meant to find this site..it's sorta uncanny. I find myself relating to many of the others that write on here and that it just so wonderful...it truly has helped knowing that I'm not alone.  I hope that you have a blessed day....Tammy

Archived