Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

please help i'm soo lost and scared and don't know what to do

eriksgirlforever

• Members
eriksgirlforever

last friday 8-8-8 i lost the love of my life in a drowning accident.  i almost lost my brother also.  his mother won't have a service among other issues i'm dealing with.  we had a 3 year old and he had been raising my oldest 2 kids for almost 5 years.  Erik was my heart and soul and I just can't get over everything.  does anything help or even make it remotely better? 

• Members
aprilmoonflower

time. time is th eonly thing that will make the pain fade.

for now be gentle with yourself and hug your kids tight. you only need to get through the day.

That's AWFUL his mom won't do a service. that doesn't mean you can't have one though! My DH service didn't include his ashes/remains in any way so there's no reason you can't plan a memorial at least. plant a tree, write an obit or something! it will help the healing begin I promise.

hugs, I know how rough it is. just keep coming back here. oh and come join us in the "I miss him so" thread. there's lots of women there who understand EXACTLY what you are going through. we know, cause we've all been there!! my own children were 17mo and 2 weeks old when their dad died. I NEVER thought I'd make it through but it's almost 3 years later and I have. you will too.

• Members
eriksgirlforever

thank you, this has been the worst year of my life.  erik lost his uncle on valentines day, then we lost my dad and uncle the next month, then my gram and an uncle in april then my other gram in may...so 2 uncles, a dad, 2 grams, now him.  i'm having such a tough time.  i just can'tstand being alone and people can't stay up with me 24/7 so i just need people to talk to.

• Members
aprilmoonflower

well you can come here all you want! ;) unfortunately we all know what you are going through. .those first few weeks are so hard too. but you WILL get through them. Just do whatever youhave to to take care of yourself. if that means screaming or sleeping for 12 hours straight, so be it.

Archived