Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My best friend

janiceh

• Members

This is the first time I have come to a group for this. My best friend, who I have known for 35 years was diagnosed with lung cancer 4-1/2 months ago. She is only 54, and went into hospice last week. She lives quite far from me. I considered going to see her, but I want to remember her before she got ill. I know to be supportive of her, but I have no idea how to deal with all these different feelings. I find my temper is a lot shorter right now, have moments when I feel like crying, and just don't know which way my feelings are going, and need to talk to someone who has gone through something similar. Thank you for listening.

• Members

Do you talk to your friend? Is she capable of talking? Call her and spend some precious moments laughing and recalling some fond memories. Tell her how much you care and that you will always think of her in the best light. Tell her how she has enriched your life. You may even want to talk with her about how she is feeling--perhaps she needs to talk about being scared or even ready to move to the next level of being. Perhaps she has some last wishes you can help with--contacting people or doing something she's always wanted.

If you can't visit her in person, just let her know how much you care.

ModKonnie

Archived