Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Drug overdose

asb

• Members

My 28 year old son passed away in March from a drug overdose. I am still shocked and hurting from his sudden passing. Is anyone else struggling with this kind of loss?

asb

• Members

I lost my son suddenly in nov 2011 he died of a dysrythmia and sudden cardiac arrest not anything drug related but similar just the same he was 29 join us in the loss of older child portion of this forum where you can find a lot of support

• Members

Dear ASB

Welcome to our wonderfully supportive group of parents who have lost an adult child and know so well, the pain and sadness that you are experiencing. If you post to the Loss of Adulet Child section of this Board,you will find many who can identify with your loss and support you through this difficult time.

I lost my only son and child, Stephen in 2007 from an overdose of alcohol and I know that this safe, understanding place and the people saved my sanity and life

Keep coming back, share when you can and connect as you can.

You are not alone.

• Members

Hi, I know your pain and confusion. I lost my 19 yr old son to an accidental prescription drug/alcohol overdose.

It was a stupid mistake on his part and a life time of pain for us. Just a bunch of kids out partying and

some kids decided to take an "oxy" this combined with the alcohol for some people is deadly, my son said "good night" went to bed and never woke up. This was in August 2012 and I still have to tell myself everyday that he is "dead". I can't seem to grasp the reality of it. I think I get through my days because I just tell myself he is living on his own when the pain gets to strong. Sometimes it hits me with such force, its like it the first day all over again. Time has helped, I am in a much

better place then where I was a year ago, but I still can't "believe" it. I know you other parents know what I mean when I say that. It seems unfathomable. Can't quite wrap my head around it.

• Members

I just posted my son's story. He died 2 days ago in a motel bathroom, alone. He had struggled with his addiction for years and I always felt this day would come. He was so distant and secretive and I know it was because he didn't want to worry me and he didn't know how to communicate. He was so consumed by the selfishness of his addiction he didn't seem like the same person. I loved him deeply like any parent loves a child, and I know he loved me. I can't cope with this grief it is too much. I want to die just to escape the pain. I know that sounds selfish, but it is unbearable. I don't know how people do it My own mother buried 2 of her own children, my sisters...they both died of cystic fibrosis. But when it is your own child it is so much more intense. How many years or months or decades does it take to be able to take a deep breath again...will I ever feel human again. I feel like half my heart is missing...the physical pain in my chest is so real, it truly feels like my heart is hurting. God help me...I can't do this. Please pray for me anyone out there who understands knows what I'm going through.

• Members

Yes I just thought I replied to ladyophon?..sorry..I guess it posted to front page?..I get all of our feelings, my own wonderful only son, I have six daughters, left his family in Aug of 2012, and we wait everyday for his voice, knowing that the last month and a half he was living with me and his 5 children, building a drug home for women, loving Jesus more than I had ever seen..doing so well...we walked in on him, gone, a payday..hit a brick wall...I know your pain..breathe...breathe...I breathe because I am now raising Brian's children. Lifting all of us to the only One Who carries us....

• Members

I can also relate to all of you, but I am farther down the road. My 16 year old son, Brian decided to climb on the hood of a car and his friend drove 68 mph, lost control, Brian fell off and died within minutes. That was 6-19-2008.

I too wanted to die. I could not do it, but I just seemed to wake up every morning. I am married and have 2 children.

Over the years, we learned how to piece our life back together, weaving our angels into the pattern of our new life. The intense pain does go away, but the missing never will.

My family has stayed together and we are taking part in life again.

Hang in there. You are not alone

Colleen, Brian's Mom forever

• Members

Sometimes I wonder if there's God? Why good people have to suffer so much pain? Why God takes away innocents? But be strong and fight the fate. Only you can help yourself. And you need to be tough to live on and for the sake of people that love you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived