Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I Don't Know What To Believe...

Susie_q512

• Administrators

Talk about what you want to believe, where your questions lie on spirituality and what happens to our loved ones when they die.

• Members

While I started my quest for beliefs over a decade ago ( having had no former, solid belief system when I was a youth ), it's been my 3 major losses that have pushed me to question EVERYTHING. I am now compelled and obsessed with finding some answers; otherwise my life WILL have no meaning for me. The only thing I'd been sure of ever since I was a young girl, was that everything that ever lived has a soul, and that somehow, science and the beliefs around the world HAD to someday marry and overlap, so that there would be found some truth in each, to end up supporting each other. There is a statement that I'm not even sure if I read, or if my own mind said it, that I feel MUST sum it all up somehow, and that is: Life CANNOT contradict Life. In essence, this would mean that death is just...not...true, not in the way we've come to think of it. It can only be yet another illusion, based only in the physical, with no real truth to it. My heart says that it must be this way, but my head won't be convinced 100% without 'proofs' because, like most, I've been brainwashed by early science which was rather 'kicked out of' the whole picture by religion, and ended up dealing only with the physical. Now I see it coming back full circle, with quantum physics reflecting spiritual beliefs in a way that was previously rejected. Although quantum science theories have been around for about 70 years, the public hasn't been aware of these 'newer' ideas and proofs that things aren't as we were taught to believe. The movie "What the Bleep Do We Know?" sums up alot of it and I sincerely hope enough people seeing it will drastically change our thoughts, which are really the only things (energies) with any power. I found every idea in this movie supported the principles in A Course In Miracles, which I'd started studying somewhat about 10 years earlier. The Course is Christian-based, and that's the part I found hard to get through, even though it says this religion was misinterpreted in so many fundamental ways. Because those errors were the ones that gave me so many problems, and resulted in my rejection of Christianity as we commonly know it, it was a hard sell for me, despite the better news in The Course. So when the movie supported The Course, I was ecstatic! HERE was the common thread I'd been looking for all my life. Here was the miracle. I look forward to this new learning curve, yet wonder if all my previous conditioning will make it too difficult to ever accept 100%....which would unfortunately change the outcome completely.

The outcome I'm desiring, with all my heart and soul, is complete enlightenment, in whatever manner, so that miracles could be 'performed' as easily as breathing, as they're meant to be. The ultimate goal for me is either to KNOW, w/o a shadow of a doubt, that I will either be reunited with my loved ones, for as long as I wish, or even be merged in some way with them ( I'm not THAT picky! ), or, because I'd KNOW HOW we're all One, those details wouldn't even matter to me somehow....and I could just rest. In other words, I could live without a care in this world, no matter what my physical eyes saw. The paradox, of course, is that while in the depths of grief and yearning, believing there IS a veil that separates us, even to a small extent, I can't believe the opposite....that it is NOTHING BUT my beliefs/thoughts that cause the illusion of separation. So I still feel like I need more and more PROOF that we've all been SO wrong about the REAL laws of the Universe, Creator, whatever we each want to call It....and therefore, I know what I WANT to believe, but can't yet force myself to believe it wholly, so that it CAN be true.

• Members

Hey! How come no one's using this forum? We asked for it folks, now it's up to us to take advantage of it before it's pulled for lack of interest! ( either this one or the other new one, "Other Beliefs" )It does me no good talking to myself.:~)

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

Swede1, I would rather not engage in this thread unless you specifically ask for my answers. I am trained in theological seminary, so I have a different approach to the issues you are discussing. I am open to the opportunity of talking to you about this, but I will not try to convert you. If you truly want to know what I believe, I'll gladly tell you. I'm devout in my faith, and cherish my beliefs. You may think some of my beliefs radical, but we are all unique, and we have come here to help each other heal and grow. I may get you thinking of things, but I will not shove my beliefs in your face. We've talked of many things, and I have a great respect and admiration for you, and your wisdom. If you'd like to talk of beliefs, I'd like to. Mark

• Members

That's okay, Mark...this thread is really only for those who DON'T have a set faith or belief system yet...but thanks for at least posting something! :-) There had been some others who mentioned wanting a thread like this.

• Members

I was brought up Catholic, but only went to church for a couple of years with my dad until a priest at our parish treated my father really horribly when he called to discuss something about my brother's gravesite. This was maybe 18 years ago. My mother never attended church in her adulthood, but did say her rosary every night and watched mass on tv occassionally. I was brought up to believe in God and Heaven, but as I got to be about 15 or 16, began to question all of it. It didn't help that those who taught CCD in our town were high school seniors looking to become confirmed and would preach to us in class one night about the Bible and doing as God wants you to, and then walk around school talking about the parties, drinking, sex and drugs that they were doing over the weekend. I guess I believed in some parts of the religion and then not in others AT ALL! As I got older and explored more of the World, I've found that there are parts of a lot of religions and scientific findings that I believe in equally and less and less of the Catholic stuff.

When my mother died, my father, sister and one brother thought she should have the full Catholic funeral mass in the big church in our town. Me and my other brother didn't think it was a good idea because she hadn't been to church in decades and really didn't like much about it. But, majority won and we just went along with it. I think it was more of a comfort to them than anything else. Right on cue, as the priest was preparing the Communion, the skies opened up and it poured like you would not believe!!!! I looked at my husband and laughed (yes, in the middle of the Mass) and said, "See, told you Mom wouldn't like this!". I then leaned to my brother in the row behind me and said the same thing. He then started laughing and passed the message along to my other brother and sister. We all got a good laugh out of it at least!

My mother did always teach me that my beliefs (religous or otherwise) were no better than anyone else's and that only an individual can judge themselves. I guess that helped to steer me to my own conclusions about religions and beliefs too. Soooo, I guess I don't know what to believe. My father gave me a book that he received after my Mom died, that talks about religion and God and Heaven and the Bible and death and grieving, but I just can't read it. I guess I'm a bit turned off by all of the religous overtones of the book and am looking for my own answers. For now, I take heart in knowing that she's around me and watching me from somewhere....

• Members
alwaysmyjennifer

hgd024, I think just by being so honest, you are open to the spiritual. I am sorry you have endured such loss, such pain. While I may lean toward being a bit devout in what I believe, I don't try to push that on anyone. I trust I'm offending you, but I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers while you and your family heal after losing your Mom. If I may suggest to you something, if you are interested in learning what it is you should or would believe, perhaps if you read the books from the source, ie, the Bible, Torah, etc. There are many religions in our world. If you think you want to know God, or whoever you are to worship, from the Bible I can only suggest "seek and you will find." My very best thoughts for peace are with you. And yes, she's keeping an eye on you, like my daughter and grandfather are with me.

• Members
My mother did always teach me that my beliefs (religous or otherwise) were no better than anyone else's and that only an individual can judge themselves.

I guess I'm a bit turned off by all of the religous overtones of the book and am looking for my own answers.

hgd024,

I think what your mother taught you was wise. That's been one of the things I haven't liked about many so-called Christians, some of the ones I've met or heard anyway. They don't seem to live the principle of judging only yourself whatsoever, but in fact go so opposite the other way, it's way too hypocritical for me. It really put me right off western religions overall. I also couldn't agree with many of the concepts they purported to be the only Truth, some of which just grated my soul's 'knowing'. But mainly it was the attitude. So I find it too annoying to read anything too Christian-based. I've also had many problems with these same folk being so adamantly opposed to openminded ideas, attacking me for daring to believe something different, even when those beliefs uphold and model the most fundamental teachings and supposedly most noble character traits they espouse to having themselves. Like I said, hypocritical, and I find it's like talking to a brick wall when I try to explain there's nothing WRONG with my beliefs. I also get attacked for daring to suggest that certain scriptural passages support my beliefs....I highly suspect it's because it would prove them wrong, or just not openminded enough...they usually change the subject, or mode of attack, at that point.

I've found much more guidance in the writings of other authors who don't espouse any particular 'religion' per se, but talk more about principles and the like, such as Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, Brian Weiss M.D., Neale Donald Walsch, Gary Zukav, Jack Kornfield, etc, etc, and even A Course In Miracles, though it's Christian-based but only in the sense of using language and names we westerners are more used to, but actually allowing for any other 'religion' as well....although I do find the terminology harder to get past in my own head, for all the troublesome associations it brings up for me.

I did find the site Beliefnet.com, which lists tons of other belief systems and religions, but haven't had the time to read much there yet. They have a 'test' you can fill out to find out which belief systems you might be most aligned to. I seem to be a toss-up between about 4 or 5 and want to look more into the B'Hai (sp?) faith when I get the chance. They also have articles on each faith listed so you can learn all about them.

• Members

Always...you didn't offend me by saying that you would keep me in your prayers and I'm sorry if you felt that you would by what I wrote in my post. I didn't think that I mentioned anything about being offended by religion or beliefs. In fact, I'm not at all offended by anyone's beliefs or good intentions towards me. Heck, I even pray, but not necessarily to God, just in general. To me, it's a way of sending positivity to someone who needs it. I just don't know that I believe that there is a great power in the Heavens who is listening to my every word and can actually produce results based on my asking him or her to do so. There is something about the Bible and very Biblically-based readings that I am just not comfortable reading. I have read the Bible, attended CCD for many years as a child and yes, I've read the Torah as well. I have friends of all faiths and cultural backgrounds and do try to learn from each of them about their religious and cultural beliefs. I feel that this braching out from the only religion I ever knew as a child, has allowed me to question that single religion that I was exposed to and to help me understand that there may be more to this world than one God and one 'path' in life. That's why I posted on this board, I don't have one belief.

• Members

hgd024-I need to start by saying that I think I love your mom and it sounds as though the world lost a wonderful woman.

I think that one of the best things about religion is the debates it produces...notice I did not say "wars". I feel that debating beliefs allows us to find other options that may be right for us.

Like you, I was brought up Cath. and went to CCD every Wed. night for so many years. I can say that I never hated it, but I was probably more confused when I finished than when I started. I had many more questions, which isn't a bad thing, just confusing for a young person, and still confusing for an old person. There are so many things that you can take from all the different faiths, things that are great, things that are maybe not good for you. But, if there is a God, I would assume that He would want us all to be good, caring, loving, helpful, none judgemental people. I think certain faiths have mastered this and others have not.

Like your mom, my mom did not believe in everything that the church preached, but she did need the church for her personal well being; so, what my mom taught us, that the church did not, was that they are not correct on everything and to take the best of what they offer and the other things that don't feel right, go with your heart/gut.

• Members

Someone just posted this under the Reincarnation forum here, but I've taken a look and it also deals with death, dying and helping someone else who is dying. It might be worth a look for anyone afraid of death and dying, and what happens to us all upon physical death. Me, I've put it on my Christmas wish list. You can read the posting in its entirety in that forum - here I've just listed the last piece of info.

"Information can be found at www.easydeathbook.com

More information can be found at www.adidam.org and www.beezone.com"

• Members
butterfly10954

Well yes, I was raised Catholic, but also have come and gone and come and gone again from the church. But my background has always been one of faith, regardless of religion.

My father died on July 4th of a heart attack, and I have really been doing a lot of self-examination since then..With the holidays approaching, I have been more depressed and have gotten really really low. And I realize that that is in part because I really don't know what I believe anymore.

Do I believe that there is a heaven where we all go and where all of our suffering ceases? Or is my father now just lying in the cold ground somewhere and spending the holidays like that? SInce the latter is too difficult and painful to believe, I have been trying valiantly to convince myself that there IS a heaven. But none of us in my family, many of whom have experienced a loss due to death this past year, has had any kind of sign, at least not one to speak of.

And if we did, are those actually signs, or just coincidences??

I have always been the one to say "yes, it is a sign, don't you see? They are ok, they are trying to let us know they are ok." But yet lately in my depressed state, I am not so sure anymore. I just don't know what to believe and this makes me really really sad...

• Members

Butterfly 10954,

Just read your post and I have also been struggling with my faith since I lost my mom, dad and husband all in a 6 month period....I think it is a normal part of this "god awful" thing we call grieving. It has proven to be the worst and lonliest time of my life. Thru-out my life when times were rough I always felt I could count on god to pull me thru and I felt that he did....but thru my losses I haven't felt that way. After the funerals everybody disappears and feeling that god has abandoned me was/is the lonliest time of my life...I am searching but in all honesty I am very upset with god. There are alot of why's for me. This has put me in a whole new category and one in which I never thought I would be in....maybe it all happened because there are things I need to do to make things right in this world that is so screwed up...I'm not sure yet....time will tell. The truth is that I lost my soulmate and life just isn't the same for me and I am not sure if it ever will be again...I lost my zest for life...a life that I loved so much. I was always the caregiver, the do-gooder...and now there are not alot of things I love besides my kids...They are the reason I go on. They are my husbands legacy and he is in all of them....I am trying to pray again from my heart but there is a blockage there....Thoughts that get me thru are "believing" that they "live on" and knowing in my heart that they would not want me to be sad and "believing" that we will all be together again some day.....So my you and I aren't far off with our thinking......Read HELLO FROM HEAVEN by Judy and Bill Guggenheimer....let me know what you think.

• Members
annietina220

I have a question for you all.

Is it ok for me to seek justice for mt best friend\'s death where RI dropped the ball?

I\'ve been told by many that I am being hateful and putting my soul at risk for wanting to do this. I can't see the band Great White getting away with when they clearly ordered the pyro that night. Also for all of the fraud they did after the fact in the name of the charity.... What do you all think? I welcome all opinions. I know we all are supposed to forgive others, but how can I when I and others haven\'t heard one I'm sorry from Jack Russell and the band for what happend on 2-20-03?

Can somebody help me with this one?

Love,

Annie

• Members
marilynwhite3049

I was raised Baptist. At age 16, I got married and quit going to church. Through addiction, I truly believe I have already experienced hell and some heaven. Does that make sense? Right now, I am terminally ill, everyone has invited me to church. Spiritually, I am comfortable so have declined church. Maybe I am lying to myself, but I believe I will be going to a better dimension of being. Is that too far out? Confusion would best describe my feelings. I am thankful I found this board. For months, I have yearned to discuss these things. I hope I have not offended anyone or interrupted something. Please forgive if I have. If you will let me know I will correct offenses because I wish to get along with people.

• Members

MARILYNWHITE3049:

Hi. I don't normally post in this forum. I'm normally in loss of a Mother forum. I accidentally clicked here and saw your post. You don't have to apologize for anything. This is where you come to just pour out if you need to. I would like to tell you how sorry I am that you are suffering this illness. Declining church isn't a sin. It's what is in your heart that counts. I know there are people from all walks of life that post here on these different message boards and people have different beliefs and I totally respect that. I hope you don't mind me sharing something with you. You said you were raised Baptist. Personally, I think denominations are man made. I don't think God did that. But at any rate, I consider myself nondenominational and haven't attended church in two years, due to my Mother's need for me when she was ill, before she died five months ago. I did enjoy it though, the praise and worship and hearing the word taught from the Bible. If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior, that is asked forgiveness for your sins and invite him into your heart, then he will forgive you and you are his child from that moment forward. I always remember the thief on the cross, hanging next to Jesus as he was crucified. Of all the wrong things he had done in his life, in an instant he was forgiven and Jesus told him he would be with him soon. I do believe there is a heaven and a hell. I do believe hell far surpasses our worst nightmares in this life. But in heaven, I believe there is no sickness, your body will be new and flawless, your mind will be completely restored. I believe my Mother is in a better place and is happy now. There is a Brad Paisley son, "Don't Cry for me down Here."

When I get Where I'm Going on the Far Side of the Sky

The First Thing that I'm gonna do is spread my wings and Fly.

I'm gonna land beside a lion and run my fingers through his mane,

Or I might find out what it's like to ride a drop of rain

When I get to Where I'm Going, there'll be only Happy Tears

I will shed the sins and struggles I have carried all these Years

And I'll leave my Heart Wide Open, I will Love and Have No Fear

When I get to Where I'm Going, Don't Cry For Me Down Here.

I'm gonna walk with my grandaddy and he'll match me step for step

And I'll tell him how I missed every minute since he left, Then I'll hug his neck.

When I get to Where I'm Going, there'll be only Happy Tears

I will shed the sins and struggles I have carried all these Years

And I'll leave my Heart Wide Open, I will Love and Have No Fear

When I get to Where I'm Going, Don't Cry For Me Down Here.

So much pain and so much darkness in this world we stumble through

All these questions I can't answer, So much work to do.

But When I get to Where I'm Going and I see my Maker's face

I'll stand forever in the light of His Amazing Grace.

This song gives me strength. I hope you have a chance to hear it. It's truly beautiful music as well.

I believe that as soon as my Mother took her last breath here (and I was with her), that she began her next breath in that new restored body. She saw angels in her room before she died. Experiencing all that I did with her, as her primary caregiver and being with her until the end, I'm not afraid of death anymore.

Your eternal salvation is within your grasp. Very easily attainable. God is with you, to take your hand. He will never leave you alone. He will be with you each step of the way. He is a God of Mercy.

I will keep you in my prayers. I will check in on you, should you decide to come back. Maybe this wasn't an accident for me.

Connie

• Members
marilynwhite3049

clittlelady, thank you for your response. I am sorry about your mother. My mom is my best friend. She has stood with me through everything. Just knowing that I have my mother's support is enough to help me brave it through what life deals my way.

You are the second person who has told me about Brad Paisley's song. My friend did not know the lyrics so I printed them off for her. She was surprised that I had joined a message board. Neither of us have ever been in a chat room, message board, anything. She understands my need to discuss grief.

Before all of this happened, I only knew grief as a topic that I had studied in a brief psychology course. There are five stages and we don't experience them in a 1,2,3, fashion. One day we can be in anger, the next day acceptance, then bargaining, etc. Although I cannot know what you feel in relation to you losing your mom. Last year was a year of loss for me.

My losses seem trivial in a way compared to yours. But I have always wanted to go to graduate school. Last year in January I began graduate school for counseling. In February, I began to have symptoms, my left arm was sore, of cancer.

In February, a woman called me at work and told me she and my mate of 15 years were having an affair. He had just bought me an expensive set of furniture for my new office. I forgot to mention I changed jobs in January of last year. I had worked with adolescents and barely made enough money to survive. I had an offer to work for the state with a salary increase. So I also left a job that I loved.

I'm rambling, when I think back on last year, the losses just tumble together. Maybe for each loss, I am in a different stage.

I wanted to let you know, I tried to buy the song and download it to my computer. I am not computer savvy. I could not complete the process. I hardly ever listen to country music, for some reason, I feel hostile when I listen to it, isn't that strange? Country music has the best lyrics and the celebritys for the most part are admirable people.

I'm glad you jumped to this board and saw my entry. You gave me strength and hope. Thank you so much. Also, I accepted Jesus Christ in my life when I was 12. He has never left me although I have left him. My faith is what has carried me through this illness. Actually, this illness has become a blessing in many ways. I would not have learned the kindness of other people without being put in this situation.

I was self-reliant before cancer. Cancer has taught me some humility because I have had to ask for help. People have helped me. God has shown me there is love in this world.

Marilyn

• Members

MARILYNWHITE3049:

I'm sorry it has taken me a little while to get back to you. I want you to know, my heart is with you and all that you are going through now. You will continue to be in my prayers. I've been working long hours and just too tired in the evenings to do anything but put on my slouchy clothes and crash.

I want you to know, I feel it a privilege to know you. I regret it under these circumstances, however, I do believe that certain paths cross when they're suppose to, in God's timing. I'm glad to hear God is in your heart. He will be with you all the way through this. Try to keep you focus on what he has in store for you. You are his child.

I know this may seem odd for me to say, but I've always told my family that I had rather suffer a terminal illness, than to leave this world suddenly. I guess my reasoning for that, is that I've experienced both in my family and the sadness of not getting to say good bye and make everything right as possible before leaving was very difficult.

I work in the legal field, but as of late, my heart has been contemplating going to school, nursing. I would want to work with the terminally ill. To offer the best medical care and comfort and love that they could possibly know.

I've always believed before we're born, God has a purpose for us, a specific number of days for us to be here and we're not going until he says it's time. I do hope you've been able to get the song "Don't Cry For Me Down Here". I'm not so computer savvy myself, just mainly for what I use it for with my work. Another wonderful song is by Mercy Me, "I can only Imagine".

"I can only imagine when that day will come

and I find myself standing in the Son,

what will my heart feel?

Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be Still?

Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall?

Will Sing Hallelujah, or will I be able to speak at all?

I can only imagine..... I can only imagine."

It's absolutely POWERFUL.

Yes, I watched my Mother go and I KNOW.... I KNOW there is no fear of death in me. I believe she stepped from here, to there, in an instant. Every breath you breathe here, until the last one, brings a witness to someone else. With God in your heart, there are no wasted moments, he STILL has purpose for you. I'm very thankful that you do have your Mother to be with you through this time, what a precious gift, what a special bond.

I had never posted on a message board or entered a chat room in my life. But three weeks after my Mother was buried, I was so overwhelmed with grief and torn into millions of little pieces. I have no sisters and my last aunt passed away last March. My cousins are so far scattered and we just live in different worlds. I felt so desperate to make a connection with someone who knew my pain. I believe God led me here, because I simply typed in living with grief of losing my Mother and this was the first website I went into. There are nights when my husband was working and I just couldn't shut down, couldn't sleep, and I would just post here and pour out my soul. I didn't care if anyone responded or not, I just had to let it out. I was so stunned at how many people are hurting just like me. And when they say "I understand". They can really mean it, where as friends and coworkers are just feeling awkward around you and say things that just can't be possible. You don't understand unless you've been there.

I have an aunt that I loved dearly and I think we strongly resembled each other. She died of breast cancer in the mid 80s. She was a naturalist type of gal and sought help when it was too far advanced. I have an uncle who died of throat cancer.... but he loved his Camel cigarettes. One cousin to leukemia at 13 years of age, she had prayed for God to take her and he did, on one of her many trips to St. Judes. I lost my Brother at 37 following a tragic motorcycle accident. He's the one I hate that there were things left unsaid with. I loved him so. And still do. Since Mom has been gone, I'm realizing that Love doesn't stop. Death doesn't stop love.

I hate that you've been through some unpleasant upsets in your personal relationship with your mate.... I quit trying to figure out people as of late, because my Mother's death sure changed some of my family in a bad way. I saw the ugly side of some. But with this eye opening event, I've also taken a new stand in life. I look at something now and assess it, is it a positive or a negative for me? If it's a negative, it's out the window, don't need it, don't have time for it. I want to make the best of my days here. I have one son who is 26. I tell him live each day as though it were the last, treat people right, never leave a conversation with hard words as your last, tomorrow is not a promise for any of us.

I want to encourage you any way I can. I'm here, whenever you want to talk. I know it's risky to offer on line like this, but my personal email is ranaeulibarri@hotmail.com, if you prefer to contact me there, I welcome you any time.

God Bless you My Friend and Peace to your heart. Remember, God IS a miracle worker, not just yesterday in the Bible, but today, in our lives, he still works miracles.

• Members
marilynwhite3049

clittlelady: I don't know why I chose this board either. I am firmly set in my beliefs but feel a little threatened by all the spiritual advice I've been given since the diagnosis.

I began preparing to die in May. I thought I had 3-4 months. Now for months, I've sat waiting for death. At times, I almost wish for it. My family is in anguish. Friends feel an urgency to see me often.

In the past, I have been a loner. This diagnosis has made me interact with people a lot more than is comfortable. I'm grateful for friends. Does anyone know what I'm feeling?

My sister is struggling with the whole situation. It is almost as if she is angry at me. Although she went with me to make funeral arrangements, she does not want any discussion of it or anything related. How can I help her?

My mom can not say it. Saturday, I ask her if a new, simple, basic black dress would be appropriate for the visitation. Mom said I was "too casual" and that I had a flippant attitude. Maybe I am a control freak. I just don't want for my family to make difficult decisions later. Not if it is a decision I can make now. Is that realistic?

Thank you to all who participate on this board. You are support for me.

marilyn

• Members

MARILYNWHITE3049:

Try not to let the well meaning advice overwhelm you. You know your heart. It is a very personal thing, strictly between you and God. Your peace inside your soul about it, is all that matters. If I say anything out of line, please tell me, because all I want to do, is encourage you, as someone outside the loop. I can't imagine being where you are. I can only guess that some days must be extremely frustrating with all the extra attention. You said you were a loner. I know that feeling well. I can also understand on the other side (because that's where I've been) of wanting to show your love and support, grant it, it may not all be what YOU need all the time. I've said since burying my Mother, that I will prearrange my funeral and my husbands. We only have one son and I never want him to have the burden and pain of going through what I did, especially with barely no family left to be there for him. I'm sure it is very hard for your sister. She probably feels, to some extent, guilt. Guilt that she will be here when your not. Angry at herself for having to face a future without her sister. She's going to have to feel those feelings. You can't take them away from her. Just remind her, that the quality of your time now, however short it may be, is what matters most and The memories that you can still make.

A flippant attitude? Well I think as for me, (and please don't take this wrong, because I let my humor get through a lot of my rough spots in my life, sometimes it's the only way I can cope with things, even though they're not really humorous. I'm not in any way lessening where you are.) I would have probably told her, if she thought the little black dress was too casual, that your first choice was really jeans and a tee shirt and a pair of laceless Sketchers. No, I wouldn't say you're a control freak. These ARE your decisions to make, given the situation and you shouldn't feel any other way. Trying to spare their feelings is what I would do as well, but when it boils down to it, the pain, the acceptance of the inevitable can't be spared them. They're going to each have to deal with it in their own way. Grief will be their ugly enemy for a long time.

Being given a specific time frame to die, to leave this earth, the doctors, they can only guess. That's in God's hands and his hands alone. Physically, what are your limitations at this time, If you don't mind my asking? I wish this part of your Journey in this life wasn't so painful as it must be emotionally. Remember, that tomorrow is not a promise for any of us and for your family and friends that are closely involved with you, this would be a good thing for you to remind THEM. You've been given a "warning" or "put on notice" for lack of a better terms, due to this monster called cancer. Remind THEM that they should prepare their hearts and LIVE THEIR LIFE to its FULLEST, for everyone doesn't get the chance of that "notice" to be kinder, say what they really mean, resolve differences, make the final preparations to leave.

You are a brave woman and you have my utmost respect. You will remain in my prayers, as well as your family and friends.

I hope I have offended you, in anything I've said. If so, I apologize. I'm here, if you need to talk. I hope to hear from you again.

God Bless.

• Members

MARILYN:::

Obviously I made a typo..... In one of my last few sentences, I Most Definitely meant to say I hope I HAVEN'T offended you in anything I've said.

My fingers do a lot of keyboard work in my job... I'm a Court Reporter. By this time of the day... They are rebelling at being anywhere near keystrokes. Guess I'll let them rest now.... Until next time... God Bless You.

• Members
marilynwhite3049

I had to read your message again to find your typo. The first time I read what you meant. God really has blessed me through this whole experience.

My mom thought I was flippant for wanting to discuss what I should wear. Since I have lost 40 pounds with this illness, there is a limited amount of clothes in my closet. Later, she told me most people are wearing pastel at the end. That is a strange custom, is it not? Mourners wear black but the dead wear pastel? You can tell I have gone to very few funerals in my time. Anyway, I suppose I will find something pastel.

I hurt for my little sister. She came by yesterday for a few minutes. She has agreed to have my dog put to sleep after me. I want my dog to take to spiritual journey with me. That probably makes no sense to most people.

Last year, after I discovered what a slug I had been living with, I kicked him out of my house. As I look back, it was one of the better decisions I made last year. For fifteen years I had dragged him along like a dead weight. About 5 or 6 years ago, he began lettin himself go. I don't mean he gained a little weight. He quit shaving but maybe 1 or 2 times a week. Wouldn't get a haircut until I nagged and even paid for it. Refused to go to dentist although he had cavities in the front of his mouth. Enough, you get the drift.

Anyway, we met when we were both new in recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. I was 13 months sober and he was 6 months sober. We dated and eventually he moved into my apartment with me.

About five years into recovery, I began wanting to buy a house. I asked him if we could save and buy one together. I immediately opened an account and began saving every payday, not a big amount but a little each time. Would you believe a year and a half later, he had no money to apply on down payment? Well, stupid me, I buy a house and allow him to move there with me also.

A few years go by and I got hurt I work. After therapy, I could not return to my previous job. God blessed me and I was given social security disability and state rehabitation services while in college.

College was both scary and wonderful. Anyway, it was a struggle, I had been out of school for 26 years! This fellow he works at a dead-end job and is not interested in any of the things I am learning.

I get out of college and began working with adolescents with co-occuring psychiatric and substance abuse disorders. The pay was low but seemed great after living on disability. Part of the struggle with disability was that this fellow paid his half--he knew to the penny what my share was. I paid my own way.

He continued with his dead-end job. His hygiene continued to be deplorable. We were both unhappy. I was afraid to ask him to leave because I was afraid he might drink again. You know, that is the epitome of pride. I thought I could effect another person's sobriety.

Anyway, we had always said that we would tell the other before we went outside the relationship for intimacy. I had not been intimate with him in he said five years, I don't know how long. He knew I preferred clean men. I did when he met me and I still do.

I'm rambling. You did not offend me. I plan to use what you took a risk writing.

Bless you all.

• Members

Marilyn,

I've just read some of these recent posts here and extend my sympathies to you for what you're facing. I recently read, in two places, how we're all fooling ourselves everyday..because we're ALL already dying, even if we refuse to see it. I just thought that was a real eye-opener, as not one of us knows if we'll really still be here tomorrow - most of us just like to assume we will be, which is really foolish of us!

I think you should pick something YOU like, whether black, pastel or polkadots! Heavens!...it should be YOUR choice, don't you think?

I'd like to write more, but don't really have the time today, so I must get to one point from your last post. I apologize in advance for what I'm about to say, but it left me so breathless, I feel I must put in my 2 cents' worth. Do you really think it's fair to your fur-baby to have his/her life taken from him/her, just because you're not going to be there? I would suggest hiring the services of an animal communicator to find out for you just what your dog would think of this plan, but I don't know if you're open to these kinds of things. To me, that would be tantamount to having one of your children killed after you passed away. You say you want him/her to go on a spiritual journey with you, but can you say for absolutely certain that that's what would happen? Has it ocurred to you that your dog may not have completed his/her OWN lessons on earth, and that you'd be cutting that short, for what I can only assume are....I'm sorry, but....selfish reasons? No, I can't say that this idea does make any sense. While your dog may grieve your loss, ( and I wouldn't wish such grief on anybody left behind ) I don't believe it's for us to decide to cut any other being's life off, unless they're terminally ill and in lots of pain or otherwise can't function with any quality of life anymore. I think your dog's life is every bit as precious as yours, or anyone else's, and this isn't something to take lightly at all.

I'm very sorry to possibly stir up any more feelings of anguish in you at such a terrible time, but I feel so strongly about the sanctity of life, no matter the species, that I had to speak up on behalf of those who either can't speak for themselves, or try to, but aren't listened to or taken seriously.

• Members

MARILYN, SWEDE, MARK, EVERYONE...

I have to share Something....

I believe that I was handed a miracle, my Husband and I. Our 1 1/2 year old Rottweiler, Sailor, Woke us up two nights ago, barking fearlessly and relentlessly. My husband then realized our home was on fire. One solitary moment seemed to last for days... moving in slow motion, half dressed scrambling around, half asleep. When we entered our hallway, the strong smell of electrical wiring burning. Our heating unit was on fire. My husband ran to shut of the breaker box as I went for a phone. Wires were popping and fire shooting and smoke filling our home. I couldn't find my cell phone or a flashlight. In tears, I finally found my phone and called 911... reported it and hung up. All I could think of was my pets. Made three trips in to get them all. Threw the small ones in may car and backed it out into the street. Put Sailor out in our back yard. It was so cold that night and as the fire truck drove up, I thought of my memories, my mother's memories, everything... how it could all be gone in minutes. I was Standing outside, barefooted, my husband inside with a fire extinguisher, which didn't work properly. I was numb and in an instant, I just let it all go. I was afraid the fire had gotten into our attic, where all my treasures are. I suddenly realized, they're all just things. Mom couldn't take them with her when she went and neither will I, so I wasn't going to let it consume me, if I lost it all. My pets and my husband and I were safe, that's all that mattered. The firemen got it under control. It didn't go into the attic and all that was lost was the heating unit. I was so thankful my husband was home. Had he been working and I been there alone, I probably wouldn't have thought to shut off the breaker box and the fire would have spread faster throughout the electrical system. I thank God, I gave in and said yes to my husband bringing home a precious little Rottweiller pup a year and a half ago. I really thought it was bad timing then, because Mom was in such a bad shape and I was about to face tendon repair of my right elbow. This loyal pet definitely showed his love for us. As a little boy of 10 years old, my husband stood outside with his six brothers and sisters and his mom, as their entire home burned to the ground. It was in the middle of winter, with several feet of snow on the ground. They had only the clothes on their back. I remember him telling me how at that moment, he saw the difference between life's value and the value of "things".

I Truly believe God Brought Sailor into our lives for this reason. I had complained about him, off and on because of his size, he's huge and he always wants to be where I'm at, even the bathroom! He's chewed on my socks, not my husband's, but mine. I don't think I own a matching pair right now.

NOW, Oh He's got it made in the shade from here on out, that's for sure!

When I went to sleep the night of this fire, I "assumed" I would wake in the morning. MARILYN, like I've said, none of us are promised tomorrow, we assume a lot.

God Bless You All. I continue to thank my God, for I know as my Mother always said, "He is a Miracle Worker."

• Members
marilynwhite3049

Hello to all. Clittlelady, I'm glad you survived a fire with little damage. Your dog really did show what a good friend he is. Swede1, I believe I have a solution for my friend, Snowflake.

I have been sick this past week. I only worked two days, well, one and a half days. My sister called Wednesday morning. She was in town dropping her husband off at the airport and asked if she could bring me something to eat. I said No but please come, Snowflake and I have cabin fever bad.

When my sister got here, she immediately noticed that Snowflake seemed angry. Her yips were not friendly. She offered to take her home with her for a few days until I felt better. Snowflake has loved being with my sister and her family. My niece is giving her rides in the car daily. Snowflake has not had an accident since being there which is now almost five days.

If my sister continues to want her, I will gladly take that as an alternative to putting her to sleep. She is not a friendly dog. She was actually my sister's dog first. She is a pure breed American Eskimo Miniature. She is 14 inches tall, bright white, and beautiful. However, my sister believes she is the product of inbreeding. Snowflake has never been a friendly dog, she is nervous, and quick to bite people. Not really bite but snip at them.

My sister was going to put her in a pound when she was two years old. I could not stand the thought of it. I did not want a pet but I knew she would not be adopted. I took her. She loves me and I love her. I do not want her to be abused or unloved when I am gone. Maybe since she is older now and a little more mellow, my sister and her family can love her like I have loved her. She does have good qualities.

My mom is coming down today to stay with me. I cannot seem to get on my feet. I feel weak and unsteady. Mom stayed with me Friday night and was willing to stay last night but I do not like upsetting other people's lives. This morning I am too sick to be alone. I called and Mom said she would gladly come. I am so grateful for family, just hope I am not an invalid for long.

Thank you for your prayers, thoughts, and advice. I check this board before I check my email. This board is my lifeline.

• Members

Marilyn,

I'm SO glad you're trying to come up with an alternative with Snowflake. I also have some other options to your dilemma, which would help both Snowflake AND yourself, if you're open to them. They are both forms of energy healing and have been used very successfully by many people, both FOR people AND for animals.

One, and probably the quicker of the two, is called EFT ( Emotional Freedom Technique ). There's a website for this where you can not only read about it, but start practising it yourself, even if you can't find a practitioner close by. It would most likely incredibly benefit Snowflake, as aggresive behaviour and tendencies in dogs ( or any animal ) are almost always emotional at their cores. The basic method of EFT can be done with animals with you ( or a practitioner ) acting as a surrogate and just imagining them sitting in front of you when you apply the tapping method to your own body, or by imagining yourself as BEING them while you tap. Either way works just as well. The good thing is, animals respond usually quicker than humans do to this healing method. And naturally, you can also use it for yourself, for both the emotional and physical problems you have. If you subscribe to their newsletter ( free ), you'll learn alot very quickly about all the cases in which it's been successful, and how to use it more readily.

The second thing you could try, again for each of you, is flower essences, by Bach, or other companies ( there are quite a few good ones ) Annaflora is another one for animals in particular. You can usually get these at any decent health food store, along with a pamphlet on how to use them for both humans and animals. They work mainly on the emotional side of problems, and have been used very successfully for things like aggression in dogs and cats. I have quite a bit of experience and research material on these if you need further help ( you could just contact me via my email icon by my name ). There is also a flower essence to help with TOLERANCE, which your sister might need as well! They might take longer to work, though, and of course, you have to buy the products, whereas the EFT is potentially free. There is also a healer who I know does EFT, even by distance, with animals and if you want her name and website, just email me.

I must say, too, that perhaps Snowflake's recent snarliness has to do with knowing about her planned demise.....please don't for one moment make the mistake of believing that animals DON'T know what's being said around them, as once you become open to that idea and start observing, you will see the Truth about this. They are nowhere NEAR as stupid and ignorant as people like to believe. Perhaps she is out to prove to your sister that she's worth keeping alive. I know I would be!

Either of these 2 methods would probably be able to address Snowflake's problem(s) quite easily and with not too much effort. I use both of them myself, for both myself and our furbaby ( cat ), who is now 19 yrs. old. I only wish I'd known about them before our other furbaby passed away....

And yes, these boards are often a lifeline for so many of us. I hope you're feeling better soon, and am happy for you that you've got some family there to care for you, and about you...that's healing in itself! My prayers and intentions for the highest good remain for ALL of you! Take good care and hope to hear back from you, too.

• Members
marilynwhite3049

I did a few minutes research on eft. Thank you. I was eager to get to this site and respond. Somehow, I feel your interest and prayers are a lifeline. Until this past week, I have been able to work and carry on life. This past week has been tough.

I have a bone metastisis in my skull, my forehead to be exact. Probably, or maybe, or possibly, my unsteadiness is due to location of tumor. I'm afraid to research the possibility.

Now, I have admitted it twice, that i am afraid, hopefully, before I get up from the computer, I will at least look for some information. Has anyone ever hid their face in a scary movie? That is how I feel. Hiding from the fact will not alter it, maybe, if I know it is to be expected, it won't be so bothersome.

Up until about the last two weeks, I got up each day and wrote down what I was grateful for. I started doing the gratitude thing right after the diagnosis. It works. Throughout the day, when a "poor me" thought comes up, I can counter it with something off my gratitude list. I felt the need to share that. Hope it helps someone.

I'm off to do some research. Love and peace to all you who are sending me support.

• Members
marilynwhite3049

This is for Swede1. My dog is still with my sister. She is loving it and so is my sister's family. It warms my heart when I think of you wanting me to consider alternatives. Snowflake is safe for another day. Love and Peace.

• Members

Marilyn,

Oh, I'm SO thankful that Snowflake's being so well-received!! I hope this will be the answer to our prayers for her. Although, even so, I'd try the EFT or flower essences for her, as it can't hurt and can only hopefully guarantee less tendencies towards aggression - too many dogs get penalized, or worse, for nipping at people, especially kids, even if it's not the dog's fault. Not like when I was a kid and everyone got bit by a dog at some point - no big deal then.

Hearing about your tumor, I would even MORE highly recommend you try to either learn the EFT yourself, or better yet, find someone ( by checking on the site ) who practises it near you...it CAN be done by phone, too, if that's the only option....as long as you're familiar enough with the body points to tap. And here's a tip: you could even use it for whatever feelings come up in a day, saying something like, "EVEN IF I'm afraid of....(fill it in), I deeply love and accept myself", or "EVEN IF I'm feeling sorry for myself, but don't want to...." It can be used for both emotional and physical complaints, and even if it doesn't take the tumor away ( although it might - see all the diseases that have gone away by using it ), it could very well make everything about your condition much easier to cope with, like your headaches, unsteadiness, etc. Oh, I SO want to help! It's too bad I wasn't there, to walk you through a session, it's so easy to learn, and can have amazing results.

I can barely imagine what I basket-case I'D be, were I in your shoes....you have my utmost respect, Marilyn, for coping as well as you have been. One would have to be an enlightened sage to NOT feel some fear...and yet, I also know of TOO many cases where the doctors were flat-out wrong, about so many things...so please don't give up hope entirely, at least not yet. As for what to believe....believe that the spirit IS greater and more real than the body anyway, no matter what happens.......you'll be safe because the spirit can't die.

• Members
marilynwhite3049

Your energy continues to keep Snowflake in good standing with my sister and her family. Stacy says it is like Snowflake never left their home. Snowflake lived with them two years and me seven years. Now, she has gone back to them. I have told Stacy I am okay with whatever she decides to do with Snowflake after I am gone.

I did make arrangements with Snowflake's doctor for her demise. He agreed to do it if it was my wish but suggested I look for alternatives. He is a kind fellow and saves all kinds of animals. The community calls him if a hurt animal is discovered. He saves it and tries to find a home for it, or sometimes, he sets it free when well enough. I know it would hurt him to put Snowflake to sleep.

I am awaiting literature on eft in hardcopy. It is hard for me to read onscreen and really grasp ideas and concepts. My mom has checked my snail mail every day. We have discussed the information I have so far.

Today, I have been dishonest. I told my mother and my recovery sponsor that the other one was coming to help me. I am enjoying the aloneness. Do you ever need solitude to hear your real feelings? I feel guilt for lying but it is countered by the space I feel for pondering my own thoughts.

On another board on this site I was asked my personal idea of death. I believe it is a physical event my spirit will experience. As I pondered the question I realized I didn't have much input other than hell and heaven. Is there something you could share with me that might guide me.

These are my final days. I am peaceful but my mind is still alert and inquizative. That is probably a misspelled word but do you understand. I wonder about other peoples ideas.

Thank you for being here. You are a lifeline. Love and peace.

• Members

Surviving a Heart Attack (just read)

This one is definitely worth your minute: I suffered a heart attack recently and I did one thing that brought almost immediate relief.

With all my strength I tried to stretch my body and overcome the bending position one is forced to when suffering a heart attack.

I put myself in supine position, put my STRETCHED ARMS TO THE SIDES at slightly greater tha right angle and stopped tossing and turning and moving my fingers, which I thought was the best way to REDUCE ADRENALINE – the main culprit of a HA. I felt almost immediate improvement in the depth of my breath, the pain the muscle cramp started receding. After 15 minutes I was able to stand up.

Putting arms to the sides looks to make the chest and muscles inside it expand and that streches the cramped heart muscle (like soccer players stretch their cramped calf by bending the foot to the maximum, just raise your arms above the head level and you can see it does make the chest expand). Staying totally motionless seems to induce a state of maximum relaxation of the body (which reduces adrenaline.) and muscles (including the heart muscle).

Please try using this technique when facing death. It can really help you and your relatives survive a heart attack.

Greetings

Peter

• Guests

AS WE NEAR THE CULMINATION OF END TIMES, WE HAVE BEEN ORDAINED BY CHRIST TO DELIVER THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE OF TRUTH TO MANKIND

For more information about this message and our ministry, you may find the following sites helpful

HTTP://WWW.CHOSEN.MOONFRUIT.COM

http://knowyahweh.proboards61.com/index.cgi

HTTP://WWW.LIGHTOFLIFEMINISTRY.COM

Our Ministry has only one message to share and it is for those who wish to have eternal life. In order to enter His coming Kingdom, you must declare Jesus Christ to be Lord and Savior. We realize that many will challenge our faith and the faith of others who also declare Jesus to be Lord. They will say that we must meet certain requirements of water baptism, a belief in the Trinity and other man-made religious ideals. If those people are of some positive energy, they will see the Light. If not, they will remain opposed to what is ministered to them. That is their Free Will choice. Even if they claim to be foot-step followers of Christ, they will be deemed not worthy of Salvation unless they exhibit the Holy Spirit from within them. If they believe falsehoods about Christ, cling to their man-made religious belief systems and exhibit no signs of positive energy, they will be marked accordingly by the Cherubic Order of Angels. All people are judged by what is really in their hearts. As part of our Ministry to those that oppose the Truth, we point out that a humble heart is the only thing that saves anyone. Without it, you are endowed with negative energy. What your heart is filled with is what springs forth with abundance from the mouth. Luke 6:45 is clear on this point:

A good man produces good out of the good storeroom of his heart. An evil man produces evil out of the evil storeroom, for his mouth speaks from the overflow of the heart.

Proverbs 4:23 is clear on the need to safeguard your heart against the wickedness of negative energy being stored there:

"Guard your heart above all else, for it is the source of life."

By knowing and understanding the Truth of the Word, you treasure up within your hearts that of positive energy. That's what guides you (the Holy Spirit - Positive energy) so that you do not sin knowingly against Christ or his Father.

"I have treasured Your word in my heart so that I may not sin against You." Psalms 119:11.

The problem with sin is that it cultivates negative energy. From the mind where it begins or originates, it creeps down into your heart. Then you're in trouble. That's why it's not a sin to think a bad thought, if you dismiss it. You did not act on it. Therefore, it is not a sin. But if you dwell on the wrong thought, it will creep on down into your heart and become a part of you. So, above all else, safeguard your hearts.

WHAT ABOUT WATER BAPTISM?

It is NOT necessary to be baptized in water to be saved. Jesus Christ was the forerunner. In Christ's Ministry, baptism in water was used to anoint him by his Father. It was continued by his disciples, because he had not yet ascended to Heaven, and had not yet received the Kingdom Authority that would later be bestowed upon him by his Father Yahweh. Once that had been fully accomplished, the Light of Truth became the baptism via the Light of Christ. The Savior's instructions given at Matthew 28:19-20, you see the baptism it speaks of is a baptism of Holy Spirit.

"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

his takes place when one truly comes to understand the Father of Jesus Christ and accept Him as Truth. Water is no longer necessary to be sanctified. The purpose of baptism before Christ was to symbolize the shedding of one's former ways of sinful conduct. That was sanctification. Now, the baptism of sanctification is done as mentioned above. The Holy Ghost transformation is performed through the Light of Christ.

WILL YOU BE DAMNED IF NOT BAPTISED IN WATER?

No. Children pass over without water baptism. Some die at birth or are aborted. The children have special status with the Creator. They are not damned and neither are adults that are not water baptized. What would happen if you were shipwrecked for the remainder of you life? How could God justify not giving you a chance to learn His Sovereign Will at transition? The only requirement for Christs salvation is that of a humble heart. Once you are with Christ, he knows your humble heart will accept him. When you passed through his Light, you were then baptized as a Holy Ghost. The water baptism would be nil in Christ's eyes. It is the HEART that Saves. Nothing else can get you into the Kingdom unless your heart is of Positive energy. Yahweh Himself reveals this at Jeremiah 17:10.

"I, the LORD, examine the mind, I test the heart to give to each according to his way, according to what his actions deserve."

If the heart were not the thing of importance, He would not search it. It is not the outward appearance that Saves, but what is hidden deep within the heart.

ALL POSITIVE ENERGY PEOPLE ARE ACCEPTABLE

People of all nationalities, regardless of race, color or religion are open to the Salvation of Christ.

"Then I saw another angel flying in mid-heaven, having the eternal gospel to announce to the inhabitants of the earthto every nation, tribe, language, and people." Revelation 14:6.

Hear this, all you peoples; listen, all who inhabit the world, both low and high, rich and poor together. Psalms 49:1-2.

"Then Peter began to speak: In truth, I understand that God doesn't show favoritism, but in every nation the person who fears Him and does righteousness is acceptable to Him." Acts 10:34-35.

REMEMBER - IT'S A FREE WILL CHOICE

Everyone has Free Will Choice in the decision and are able to choose one way or the other. That's why we will not try to force the Truth on to anyone.

"I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you today that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Choose life so that you and your descendants may live, love the LORD your God, obey Him, and remain faithful to Him. For He is your life, and He will prolong your life in the land the LORD swore to give to your fathers Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob." Deuteronomy 30:19-20

"But if it doesn't please you to worship the LORD, choose for yourselves today the one you will worship: the gods your fathers worshiped beyond the Euphrates River, or the gods of the Amorites in whose land you are living. As for me and my family, we will worship the LORD." Joshua 24:15

"If you carefully obey My commands I am giving you today, to love the LORD your God and worship Him with all your heart and all your soul, I will provide rain for your land in season, the early and late rains, and you will harvest your grain, new wine, and oil. I will provide grass in your fields for your livestock. You will eat and be satisfied. Be careful that you are not enticed to turn aside, worship, and bow down to other gods. Then the LORD's anger will burn against you. He will close the sky, and there will be no rain; the land will not yield its produce, and you will perish quickly from the good land the LORD is giving you." Deuteronomy 11:13-17

"This is how we are sure that we have come to know Him: by keeping His commands." 1 John 2:3

SALVATION - KINGDOM MESSAGE COMPLETED

Now, either you will accept or reject the Truth we have ministered to you. Since everyone should come to understand that actions result in consequences, we deliver the following warning. If you decide to refuse the truth, then you will know what is ahead--even if you reject that also, at this time. Later on, you will see our words come to life. If you accept the Truth now but are later tempted to cultivate a negative energy within your heart, then the warning we share might help to prevent that from happening.

YAHWEH'S BITTER-SWEET WARNING TO ALL PEOPLE OF THE EARTH

He that exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life. He that disobeys the Son will not see life. The Wrath of God remains upon him.

"The one who believes in the Son has eternal life, but the one who refuses to believe in the Son will not see life; instead, the wrath of God remains on him." John 3:36

Once you have been given the Message of Truth, if you do not obey it you are exercising your Free Will choice. However, it will result in eternal death at the Judgment. Just as Satan and his angels cannot have free reign in creation - neither will it be permitted of those that exercise that choice. Your fate is upon your own head.

"Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of everyone's blood, for I did not shrink back from declaring to you the whole plan of God."

Acts 20:26-27

The above scripture reveals we will be clean from the blood of those who make the wrong choice. If you are so cultivated with negative energy that you hear and know that what we speak is Truth and you continue to sin willfully by rejecting that Truth, then you will lose the Sacrificial Hope of Salvation. Time will eventually run out. Armageddon is the final Judgment Chapter.

"For if we deliberately sin after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins" Hebrews 10:26

"to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor, and the day of our God's vengeance..." Isaiah 61:2

"The tumult reaches to the ends of the earth because the LORD brings a case against the nations. He enters into judgment with all flesh. As for the wicked, He hands them over to the sword [This is] the LORD's declaration." Jeremiah 25:31

"I tell you that on the day of judgment people will have to account for every careless word they speak." Matthew 12:36

"When I say to the wicked, 'O wicked man, you will surely die,' and you do not speak out to dissuade him from his ways, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood." Ezekiel 33:8

WHO WE MINISTER TO AND SANCTIFICATON OF THE CREATOR'S NAME

This GOOD NEWS of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth and bear witness to all the nations. The nations will be made to know Yahweh. His Name must be sanctified before the nations.

"I will honor the holiness of My great name, which has been profaned among the nationsthe name you have profaned among them. The nations will know that I am Yahweh "the declaration of the Lord GOD" when I demonstrate My holiness through you in their sight." Ezekiel 36:23

"So I will make My holy name known among My people Israel and will no longer allow it to be profaned. Then the nations will know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel." Ezekiel 39:7

ARE THERE ANY FREE RIDES TO ETERNAL LIFE?

Anyone that believes they can get a free ride through eternity without going through Christ, please read:

"There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

Once you have received the Truth, you are under obligation by the Creator.

"Wisdom is supreme so get wisdom. And whatever else you get, get understanding." Proverbs 4:7

Your Sisters in Christ,

The Ministers of the Light of Life Ministry

• Members

I would like to exteed my heartfelt sympathy for those who have an illness or have lost a loved one. I would like to recommend a book I recently finished reading called 90 Minutes in Heaven. If you have doubts or are just curious, please read this book. It will also make you feel better about a loved one who has passed.

Thanks for letting me put in my 2 cents worth.

• Administrators

Dear Members,

We are excited to mention that we are moving to a more new and improved message boards on MONDAY MORNING AUGUST 9th! The boards will be done for a few hours while we are making the conversation. Remember we posted information about this move a month ago. For some of you this might seem a bit sudden,  but when we were reviewing the site we determined the current message board you are using is out of date and the company that designed it is no longer in existence. The good news is this new message board will have new features that have been requested in the past like more fields we can add to your profiles and a chat room up to 20 people at one time. If we find the chat room is bursting at the seams we will add additional room for extra people. All your old posts, private messages and such will be migrated to the new message board. You might have to put up your profile picture again but not sure. The new company will be doing the migration for us. Here is a short list of some of the new features on the board:

- Custom Profile Fields

- Users can customize their profile pages by selecting a background color or background image, with tiling options.

- Facebook and Twitter Integration

- users can respond to multiple posts at once with "mini-quote"

- Pinned discussion threads - like welcome to our board etc.

- Announcements made across some boards or the entire message board

- Search: Users can easily find all content generated by a particular member, by clicking the 'Find Content' button that appears on the main profile page, or in the Mini Profile Popup which can be accessed throughout the board. The results page allows content to be filtered by application, as well whether the member created it or merely participated in it.

- Privacy: allows users to sign in anonymously, hiding them from the online users list. Users also have the option to disable personal conversations and user-to-user emails, as well as ignore other users if necessary.

The next exciting piece of news about the new message board is it will have a new domain name of www.grieving.com for search engine optimization purposes. It will still be apart of Beyond Indigo and can be found through www.beyondindigo.com. We will be redirecting your current URL's to this new domain name but we might miss a few. If that is the case simply go back to www.grieving.com or www.beyondindigo.com to find your message board thread. We will try to make the transition as seamless as possible.

The bottom line is the new board will give us room to grow our community and more options to interact better with each other.

If you have any questions please direct them to feedback@beyondindigo.com.

Kelly Baltzell, MA

CEO/President

Beyond Indigo Family

• Guests
Guest DarkHeart

Okey dokey, Agnostic Pagan here to throw her hat into the ring ~ I didn't know what to believe in the first place, then my mother was diagnosed with terminal stage 4 lung cancer and died 4 months later. I'm still agnostic, but feeling slightly more Pagan than before. Can anyone else here relate? (p.s. this is not an invitation to try to 'save my soul', please...I coexist, so let me do so peacefully. Thanks!)

• Members

Okey dokey, Agnostic Pagan here to throw her hat into the ring ~ I didn't know what to believe in the first place, then my mother was diagnosed with terminal stage 4 lung cancer and died 4 months later. I'm still agnostic, but feeling slightly more Pagan than before. Can anyone else here relate? (p.s. this is not an invitation to try to 'save my soul', please...I coexist, so let me do so peacefully. Thanks!)

There are situations in life that shake us to our every core and challenge everything we once believed. My 16 yr old daughter was killed in a car accident 3 months ago. I struggled with my religious beliefs prior to her death. Now it seems I am at war with them. I was raised Christian, but have always been very liberal. This includes having pagan beliefs, which have always been present within me. I do not fit neatly into any religious category. It seems that many, if not most, pagans are agnostic. Maybe since the pagan beliefs center around god/goddess, spiritual order and continued life after death, you are leaning that way because it provides more hope of remaining connected to your mom on a spiritual level? One of the worst aspects of losing someone we love is the question of whether or not the connection really remains, and if the relationship can continue on a spiritual level. The agnostics I have met and known have often seemed indifferent in regards to what happens after death, but the pagans that I know have a very strong and deeply rooted belief that life and relationships continue. My best friend considers herself to be both agnostic and pagan, but she definitely leans toward pagan. My brother is agnostic, but he borders on being atheist. My sister is agnostic only. I'm caught somewhere between Christian and Pagan, and trying to find balance.

• Members

Hi,

If i may be allowed to share. I was born and raised as a Roman Catholic. When I lost my 5-year old daughter to a cancer, I seem to lost connection with our Church or have interpreted my faith more or less than what is taught to me since childhood.

I prayed to God so bad since the day that the doctor said my daughter is a possible cancer patient and up to the very end, kissed the floor begging God to let my daughter stay with me.

But obviously, I will not be grieving if I did not lost her. I'd probably still be a full fledged Catholic.

My belief now--That everything here is just an illusion. We are spirits having human experience.

Not sure if I'm committing blasphemy now. To say that part of God's plan is to make me feel hurt so I can prove that I can love Him. This earth is the best place to learn. 

My parents would tell me God punishes too much grieving and asking why God has to take my daughter. Since no one one owns our soul, only God. I don't believe that God can be angry when He knows it would hurt me a whole lot to lost my first born child. It is my right to cry and grieve and ask Him and He would understand.

Oh we all get dense here on earth. Nothing is really true now for all the explanations that any of us can say, well that is my own opinion. Don't shoot me if I do not conform. It's like the truth known to us changes. When it's our time to cross over we would know the real story.

I miss my girl so much!

Peace to all-

Kylie's mommy- Mommy Cherry

• Members

Dear MissKylie,

I am so so sorry for the loss of your darling little girl. I can not imagine the pain her loss must have caused your family.

I have lost my grandparents and some very close friends, but nothing could compare to the loss of a child.

Cancer is such a horrible disease.

I was also so sad to read that you have been told that God will be angry with you if you grieve too much or ask why this has happened.

I am not in any way trying to change your opinion or anything, I would love to share with you some truths from the bible to show you that God is I no way upset with you for grieving or asking why.

My faith in God and the bible is very strong and I have many times asked why has this happened? Or why haven't you done anything to fix this God?

In fact the bible has many examples of faithful people of old asking why. For example, a faithful prophet named Habakkuk wrote a whole chapter in the bible asking why.

Habakkuk chapter 1, verse 2 says: "How Long, O God, must I cry for help, but you do not hear? How long must I ask for help from violence, but you do not intervene?"

Jesus also encouraged us to "keep on asking... on seeking" Luke 11:9

If God did not want us to ask questions he wouldn't have put examples in the bible.

So please continue to ask questions.

On the matter of grieving, even jesus shed tears when his good friend Lazarus fell asleep in death. (John 11:33-37)

I'm sure your remember the story of Lazarus, how Jesus resurrected him after he had been dead for 4 days. Jesus had healed many sick ones at that time and he knew he was Going to resurrect Lazarus, but that didn't stop jesus from showing emotion for the loss of his friend.

Please, do not let anyone tell you that there is a right or a wrong way to grieve. You grieve ho ever you feel is appropriate for you.

I hope that these scriptures can help you re-build your faith a little that God is not a horrible, distant, evil God, but he is Love and hates to see us suffering.

He wants us to find answers to all of our questions through his word the bible. You might actually be pleasantly surprised at what the Bible actually teaches about death and suffering, and the future.

God promises that very soon he will end death, sickness and pain for ever. (Revelation 21:3,4)

I would be very happy to discuss this further with you if you want more information, no obligation attached. :)

Please stay strong and il keep you in my prayers.

Best wishes

Bianca :)

Archived