Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

"3 Years Will It Ever Get Better?"

unhappy

• Members

It has been 3 years since my mother passed away and the days and nights are still very hard.  Know one seems to understand what I am going through or even cares about the pain I am in.  The only person who has been a big help to me is a women who I met on this website, she knows exactly how I am feeling.  I never thought that I would still be mourning and missing my Mom this long.  She was my best friend and since I am an only child, she was all that I had, we had each other and we took care of each other.  Are there other people that understand what I am going through and know when it might or might not get better.  Thanks for listening.

Thanks

Unhappy  :?

• Members
stephysteph13

unhappy,

hi! i feel the same way it will be two years in september and i feel it only getting harder not easier. its tough, but i keep pushing through as best as i can.. well its the only thing i can do. how old r u?if u want to talk im here.... il listen

steph

• Members

Hi Steph,

It is nice to know that there is actually someone out there that feels the same way I do.  I feel same way meaning that it is getting harder not easier.  Sometimes I just feel all alone without her.

I would love to talk to you, my email address is sac1950@gmail.com.  If you want to speak to me send me your phone number and I can call you or I can send you mine.  Also, send me you email address is you want to correspond.

Have to go, let me know if you want to correspond.

Sue

• Members

Hi there,

I am an only child too, so I guess compared to others who still have brothers and sisters to tide through this crisis with them, we're more lonely.  Especially at night, this loneliness gets really unbearable.  I dont like it when people tell me "oh well you still have your dad, cherish him".  I'm mourning for the loss of my mom, and I absolutely believe I have the right to.  I know how it feels like to have lost your best advisor, one who often assures you, one who hugs you, one who kisses your forehead and says "it's gonna be alright darling, everything will be". 

When I had her, I hated her constant naggings but now that I've lost her, I miss her naggings and I miss getting scolded by her.  Everything I do in life now, nothing no longer feels right.  I just want to stay at home, lock myself.  I seem to have lost interest in almost everything I'm doing right, like studying and mugging for exams.  It saddens me even more to know she won't be here for my graduation.

My mom was my sister, she was also my best friend.  The day I lost her, I lost a part of myself too.

Still, take faith that she will always be with us spiritually and emotionally though no longer physically.

• Members

the love never dies - mine left me last year in june - but i thought that the love and everything died with her

today it occured to me that she is still here and the love is still alive that she felt for me and that i felt for her etc

i thought that with death the love died too but it didnt - it just got stronger  i dont know how but it did - hugs

• Members

[user=18883]sheela[/user] wrote:

the love never dies - mine left me last year in june - but i thought that the love and everything died with her

today it occured to me that she is still here and the love is still alive that she felt for me and that i felt for her etc

i thought that with death the love died too but it didnt - it just got stronger  i dont know how but it did - hugs

Because honey, death ends a relationship never the love/bond you shared with the person :)

• Members

*returns bearhug*

it's never a good feeling to lose a mother (especially when you had a more than a mother r/s with her, aka she was your bestfriend/sister/advisor, she was your everything) at any age.

sometimes it scares me that she won't be around for my graduation in 2 years time, it frightens me when i know she won't be around to judge the guy i am dating (if i ever get one, even though im so cynic about love already), and prolly it'd suck even more when i get married and have children, knowing my kids will never have a chance to see their grandmother.

in the past, whatever conversations i had with my friends, the topic of my mother will be inevitably brought up - i talk alot about her, the things we did, the kind of r/s we had, i will tell others how i love my mum so and we are just like sisters.  now, i find myself shutting down and whenever i wanna say "hey my mum and i blah blah", i changed the 'mum' to 'dad'.  i dunno, its just a natural instinct i suppose :S

life might be hard for me now, but i know eventually it will get better somehow.  the wheel of life will turn, and perhaps when i enter the society, when i start work, i might be able to relate and connect with the more "mature" people rather than engaging in superficial topics with my peers who talk about their latest psp, shopping trips with their mum etc.

Archived