Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

New Here

rnewman2009

• Members
rnewman2009

I am new here. I miscarried in Oct 2007. It was 9 months yesterday that i had the miscarriage. The doctors never told me or my fiance why i miscarried. the doctor though did tell us that i have a heart shaped uterus. when i asked the doctor if this was the cause of the miscarriage, he couldn't give me a real answer.

There is also the possibility that i might be pregnant again. How can i prevent another miscarriage from happening?

Does this get any easier. I am looking for some advice here

• Members

Hi - Just noticed you hadn't had any replies yet - Altho I've not experienced your type of loss, I do have friends & relatives that have miscarried.  It is so heartbreaking.  I feel your doctor is trying to give you correct answers, even tho they aren't deffinate - simply because he/she may not know themselves what really happened.  If you are indeed preg. again - may I suggest you read everything you can on how to give yourself and the unborn child the best chances ever.  I wish I could help more....do take care!

• Members
rnewman2009

thank you though. Anything is welcome at this point. I am reading everything that i can right now. I am just taking it one day at a time. I mean if i am pregnant than great. My fiance and I are  both scared that if i am pregnant that i am going to go through another miscarriage.

The first time the doctor never told us a real reason as to why i miscarried. He just said that it"happened" which didn't make me or my fiance feel any better.

It has been 9 months since miscarried.

• Members

rnewman2009 - Hoping that with each day you realize that all you can do is take one moment at a time.  Realize that if you stay in a state of anxiety you could be doing harm to yourself and the other person who may be starting to grow inside you.  Try to find moments that make you smile and enjoy them, and when the fears start to creep in around you, make yourself remember the happier times.  Take Care!

• Members

Becca,

Miscarrages are very commen and can happen in up to  14% of pregnancies.  How far along were you?  If you were early it could be that the baby just didn't implant right or had something wrong with it at fertilization.  This is not anybodies fault and most people go on to have healthy growing pregnancies in the future. Sometimes if you miscarry when you are farther along it could still just be a fluke or something didn't go right with the baby.  It is very hard to lose a baby and I pray things go well for you this time if you are pregnant.   

Sal

• Members
rnewman2009

Sal,

Depending on which doctor you listen too. The NP that my fiance and i went to see said that i was 11 weeks pregnant but when we went for the first u/s apt i was told that i was only 5 weeks.

I am going to do a pregnancy test next week to find out for sure. Even if it comes out negative that doesn't necessarily mean that i am not pregnant, it could just be that its too early. we didn't find out till aug 2007 that i was pregnant the first time around.

[user=18451]wyomingsal[/user] wrote:

Becca,

Miscarrages are very commen and can happen in up to  14% of pregnancies.  How far along were you?  If you were early it could be that the baby just didn't implant right or had something wrong with it at fertilization.  This is not anybodies fault and most people go on to have healthy growing pregnancies in the future. Sometimes if you miscarry when you are farther along it could still just be a fluke or something didn't go right with the baby.  It is very hard to lose a baby and I pray things go well for you this time if you are pregnant.   

Sal

• Members

The majority of miscarrages happen around 6 weeks.  Pregnancies are dated by your period until you have an ultrasound.  Sometimes your last menstrual period isn't correct because it might not match your ovulation.  Your NP could have dated you at 11 weeks from you period but you really didn't get pregnant 14 days after you period or perhaps you skipped a period and then got pregnant.  Another possibility is that you were that far along (11 weeks) but something was wrong very early with the baby and the baby stopped growing at 5 around weeks.  You just didn't have the miscarrage until later.  If either of those are the case, you still have a very good change of having a normal pregnancy the next time around.  :)  I do limited obstetrical ultrasound at my job and get see many early pregnancies.  I am so sorry for the loss of your little one. 

Sal

• Members
rnewman2009

thank you very much Sal. They did keep changing around my due dates after my first doctor's apt. we only went for one u/s i believe. If i am pregnant this time around, i am going to take it easy the whole pregnacy,not that i didn't the first time though.

They didn't even get the right date for conception either.

I am going to be taking a home pregnancy test on tuesday but even if it comes up negative, i could still be pregnant. I tested three times before finding out the first time in aug of last year that i was pregnant. we found out that i was pregnant because of blood work.

• Members

[user=20610]rnewman2009[/user] wrote:

Please call me becca.

thank you very much for your warm welcome

Becca - I will be thinking of you on Tues when you test - by the way, my daughter in law goes by Becca, so thinking of you will even easier.  I'm so glad Sal has posted such helpful advice.  Take care, Candy

• Members
heartbeataway

Becca,

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you get good news on Tues.

Your grief will soften over time but you will always remember and hold that lost little one in your heart.

As someone told me today, Be kind to yourself.

JasonH'sMom, Bonnie

• Members
rnewman2009

thank you very much. I am not stressing out over it. I mean if i stress out over it. I am not going to stress over it. I mean i will let everyone on the board know if i am pregnant though.

• Members
rnewman2009

thank you candy. I will definately tell everyone on tuesday what happens. Even if i get a false negative. i could still be pregnant. I am just so nervous.I mean i am not going to stress out over it or worry about it. I mean if i am pregnant than i will do whatever the doctor says.

[user=15510]mofirefly[/user] wrote:

[user=20610]rnewman2009[/user] wrote:
Please call me becca.

thank you very much for your warm welcome

Becca - I will be thinking of you on Tues when you test - by the way, my daughter in law goes by Becca, so thinking of you will even easier.  I'm so glad Sal has posted such helpful advice.  Take care, Candy

Archived