Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Grandma Smith 05/11/13

Lostwithoutyou051113

• Members
Lostwithoutyou051113

My Grandma Smith passed away on May 11,2013 the day before mothers day. I have been having a very hard time dealing with her death. I have a lot of guilt as well because I did not get to see her before she passed away. I never told her that I loved her. The holidays were really hard cause it was the first holidays without her being here. Her passing away had more of an impact on me than anyone else that I have lost. My grandma was the best grandma in the world and she was my hero. I have been extremely sad and crying myself to sleep each night. I am going through this whole grieving process alone and it is so much harder. I wish she was still here.

• Members

I am sorry about the loss of your grandmother. I'm sure she knew you loved her. Do you not have other family members to talk to? Have you tried writing a letter to your grandmother and telling her everything you wished you would have said to her? Lots and Lots of people find this very healing. It will allow you to say goodbye and tell her you love her.

We will be here for you,

Konnie

• Members
Lostwithoutyou051113

I do not have other family members to talk to since they all seemed to have moved on. I feel that I am the only one still grieving over her. They all know how to move on from when someone dies and I seem that I can not. its just frustrating.

• Members

I feel your pain... Endless guilt.  I don't have any words of comfort because I am in the same shoes as you.  All we can do is remember all the good our grandmother did for us and for others.  I have visited my grandmother at Rosehills three out of four weekends that she has been buried.  Its nice to be able to be near her.  I miss her so much and you miss your grandmother so much too that it hurts.  If you can youtube and search Westlife, "I'll see you again", its so heartwarming.

If I can be of any help, please let me know.

Take care, Nicole from Rosemead CA 

Archived