Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Has everyone gone crazy????

mofirefly

• Members

Hi - It broke my heart to read your post.  There are so many people in this world who just haven't experienced the loss of someone they loved so very deeply that the pain of lossing them is crushing.  You at least found a place to "let it out" - and I do hope that has help a tiny bit.  I wonder if you have tried taking one day, one hour, one anything in which you turn all phones, etc OFF...and declare that to be YOUR time.  It may not be your normal nature to put yourself first, but I feel you really need to have some down time and perhaps, just maybe, someone would take notice that you are in NEED of something????  Those of us here who are in such pain just can not make others feel what we are feeling.  I do wish you some peace soon.  Do take care!

• Members
hansonamysue

missmydad-

I lost my Dad a little over a month ago- May 16, and I also find it difficult to just go on with life like everyone wants you to do. I had to tell my in laws today I am not going to surprise party for a distance relative because I haven't been home in over 6 weekends to just be a family with my hubby and my two little girls. My Dad had cancer and we spent many of those last weekends with him, helping to take care of him and Mom out on the hobby farm they own.  I wouldn't trade those times for any, but now I just want and need to take care of myself and be with my girls. They really don't seem to understand that losing a parent isn't something I can just get over. I hate to say it, but some people just don't get it and are selfish and until they experience the death of a parent, the probably won't get it, and some people like my in laws will never get it.

Please know you are not alone and drop me a message anytime.

• Members
missinmydad

mofirefly,

Thanks for that reply and for being here to help frustrated people like myself. You made a lot of good points and gave me lots to consider.

I am going to try to take a day for myself soon before I end up completely burnt out. I will let you know if my house is still standing after doing so.

Thanks again.:)

• Members
missinmydad

hansonomysue,

I am so sorry about your Dad, you must be completely exhausted right now. It's so hard to be away all the time when all you really need is right there at home waiting for you to come back.

My father passed away from cancer too and it was the hardest thing I have ever had to go through. You deserve to be home with your family now,it helps remind you of all the good things when you have dealt with so many bad things.

I am starting to understand that some people really just don't get it and it's okay because everyone here does.

Thanks for taking the time to respond,it really does help. Enjoy your time with your family!!!

• Members

Missinmydad - You post makes me believe that there is definately a spark of laughter still within you, because it made me giggle a bit that you'll let me know is the house is still up if you have a complete burn out.  Do try to take time for yourself, and then whenever you need to come here to be among those of us who do understand your situation as we are traveling the road with you....each at our own speed and each in our own way...but still so very much together.  Take care!

• Members

The greatest wonder of the world - Man seeing people die around him and still believes, 'I wont die..I'll not get old, I am here to make money and make merry'. All the people earlier thought the same, made merry and left behind everything. People give importance to worldly merry rather than think for a while about the people who put their all behind, cleaned their napkins, cared for them, gave them pocket money, education and made them fit enough to make merry...So sad. We are culturally bankrupt.

Archived