Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I just want her back

missingmom31

• Members
missingmom31

It has been almost 3 months since my Mom died at the age of 55 and at this point I don't know how I am going to make it through. I am an only child and while my family and friends have tried to be supportive I feel like they think that I should, "get over it" already and move on. My husband is about to get drop kicked if he keeps on.

Does it get easier? It seems to be getting harder. I just want her to come back. :(

• Members
missinmydad

Hello missingmom31,

I know exactly how you are feeling and it seems overwhelming at this point. You are in a lot of pain and probably want to know "why"???? We have all been there at some point. You do not need to "get over it" however you will eventually come to terms with it in your own time.

My Dad has been gone 11 months today and I still cry myself to sleep some nights. It's hard for me to move on at this point but you just do the best you can and take it one day at a time. Now that you found this site I hope you will find some comfort in knowing you are not alone.

I wish I could tell you that it gets easier but I think we just learn to accept it as time goes by. It's a hard thing to deal with but even harder if you are alone so try to cut your hubby some slack,he's probably trying to help but hasn't figured out how yet.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers,hang in there sweetie! :):):)

• Members

[user=20126]missingmom31[/user] wrote:

It has been almost 3 months since my Mom died at the age of 55 and at this point I don't know how I am going to make it through. I am an only child and while my family and friends have tried to be supportive I feel like they think that I should, "get over it" already and move on. My husband is about to get drop kicked if he keeps on.

Does it get easier? It seems to be getting harder. I just want her to come back. :(

I'm an only child too, so I know how sucky it is compared to others who have brothers/sisters to help them tide through this crisis.  I remember telling my mum how hellish it'd be to lose her one day, and I thought my mum would live eternally, well at least till the phase where I get married and probably have children of my own.  Now, she has left me and I'm all alone.

I still have my dad, which I'm very grateful for <3

Ah well, at least you still have your husband yeah?  I hope he has been supportive all these while.

It doesn't get any easier, sadly but I want you to know you aren't alone here. :)

• Members
missingmom31

Thank you both very much.

I hate that all of us have been through this.

I had a conversation with my Mom in December and I told her, "my worst nightmare is the call that tells me you are dead." She said, "I won't die Baby, I won't die."

I wish that she had been right. :(

Archived