Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Alone and waiting

Alone

• Members

Furniture - in the beginning I was shiny and new like a piece of grand furniture. As I aged and got nicked, dented and scratched I became less desirable to many and ultimately became a utility item. I was not really wanted but I filled a purpose so I was kept around. Then my Tom found me and he fell in love with me despite my nicks, dents and scratches. My Tom decided I was worth restoring . He buffed away all the damage that had been done by others and gave me a new finish in the form of love, joy, and hope. My Tom restored me and made my frame whole and strong.

Now my Tom is gone. All the old nicks, dents and scratches have returned and are joined by new damage. This new damage results from disease, defeat, exhaustion, and loneliness. I am once again no more than a battered piece of furniture. I am uglier and weaker now so I have even less utility. I am once again in storage merely waiting for my final destruction.

• Members

Hi there my name is colin I lost my partner 2 weeks ago she was only 20 and left me with a beautiful baby boy.. I know how your feeling my partner mended my broken heart and she has left now and feel like its slowly but surely breaking apart again.. I have found some strength but I feel like I need to talk to someone who has been through what im going through .. so I am here to talk and help you get through this like I am x

• Members

All our nicks, dents and scratches don't matter. We still have value. We lost our husbands on the same day and there have been many times I've felt like there was no point in going on. But I keep trying. I love my Andy and I want him to be proud of me when we finally meet again.

Take care,

Karen

• Members

Very true Karen! I dont feel like anyone who has lost a partner husband/wife should stop with there lifes. You only get one shot and you should fulfill your life and be happy. Its ok to move on in life and meet someone new because I know your lost loved one would want you to be happy.

• Members

It is less about wanting life to end and more about recognition that I lack purpose. My husband suffered mightly battling a blood cancer. We became even closer to one another during that battle. At the same time we had to distance ourselves from many as my husband had little to no immune system. Our jobs were lost and many friends dropped away. I was his primary caregiver and our true support system was clinics, hospitals, nurses and doctors. Then suddenly everything was gone.... my husband, the caregiving activities, the medical appointments and the medical communities' support.

I know that I need to get past my "why bother" attitude but I lost my passion for life when I lost my husband. It is just so very hard to be this alone.

• Members

I know it's hard, believe me. I cry several times a day and feel like I can't function. The empty house is really hard to take. But I keep trying. I'm going to take a trip and visit family then I've got volunteer work already lined up so I have a purpose. Every day is a struggle but I keep trying and hope that it gets better.

Right now, concentrate on what you need to do and then work toward doing what you want to do.

K

Archived